Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)
  • Flame me…
  • toys19
    Free Member
    davidtaylforth
    Free Member

What a pillock, if they actually spent anytime on this forum I’m sure they would have recognised your name and seen that you arent some rip off merchant (probably!)

toys19
    Free Member

well before he decided to posting that we had had a protracted conversation about verifiying identity etc. I gave him all the info about my business, my name, my address even a link to google earth which by happy conicidence has a pic of the trailer outside my house, so yeah peeeeved.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

No, he’s not a rip-off merchant, but I wouldn’t buy anything from the flecker 🙂

(did your mate end up up buying a road bike in the end?)

toys19
    Free Member

DD he is on hols in france going to do it when he gets back. I was going to ask you about this one. Another mate has his heart set on it (after I pointed him at your 300 quid rec) I cannot see much diff between that and the carrera apart from a badge…

Cougar

TBH, based solely on that thread “Gordy” comes across to me as having a jocular writing style rather than being an arse. “At least I didn’t get ripped off” looks like cynicism regarding (any) forum trading in general rather than you in particular; in short, don’t take it personally.

I don’t think you did anything wrong in selling it elsewhere, unless that’s specifically against the Classified rules (eg, places like AVForums explicitly state ‘if you’re selling it here, don’t sell it anywhere else’). It’s probably good form to state your intentions up front if that’s what you’re doing, though, then it avoids any unpleasant misunderstandings. I also think your reaction was a bit, ah, reactionary.

</2p>

JEngledow
    Free Member

truncated: you snooze you lose.

I like this, more long posts should be summed up in a single line 😆

neallyman
    Free Member

Toys you’re in the right, don’t sweat it.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

No idea mate – I thought Boardman bikes were nearly always the best spec for any particular price point, no? I think it’ll probably be a slightly better frame and forks…and possibly better gears/chainset and shifters…there’s got to be something for the extra £300 wouldn’t you think?

cynic-al
    Free Member

If you agreed to sell and then reneged then it’s a bit out of order IMO, unless he said he’d pay in a certain time-frame then didn’t.

baldSpot
    Free Member

Cash is King my friend

toys19
    Free Member

Courgar – I also think your reaction was a bit, ah, reactionary.

Fair enough.

neallyman – Member
    Toys you’re in the right, don’t sweat it

OK. Over and out.

toys19
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member
    No idea mate – I thought Boardman bikes were nearly always the best spec for any particular price point, no? I think it’ll probably be a slightly better frame and forks…and possibly better gears/chainset and shifters…there’s got to be something for the extra £300 wouldn’t you think?

DD I thought you were the expert!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

DD I thought you were the expert!

So did I but I’m learning to be modest 🙂

toys19
    Free Member

[speechless]…………………………..[/speechless]
    😀

Gordy
    Free Member

Just noticed this thread. I’m surprised you started another one about it instead of continuing in the thread that was there already but no matter.

As I said on the original thread, I had asked you for an agreed all-in price with postage and your Paypal details the day before you sold it to someone else so “you snooze you lose” isn’t at all true. Without an agreed total price and your Paypal details it would have been quite difficult to arrange to send you any money.

Again, as I said on the original thread, I won’t be losing any sleep about it.

All the best then.

donsimon
    Free Member

Dontcha just hate it when arguments threads aren’t allowed to die a natural death?

Gordy
    Free Member

Can you arrange humane slaughter for a minimal fee?

theotherjonv

I can. Do you want a price quote for it or are you happy to go ahead on spec 😉

z1ppy

Gordy – Member
    Just noticed this thread. I’m surprised you started another one about it instead of continuing in the thread that was there already but no matter.

I know I don’t browse the classified for interesting thread to read, only parts to buy, so a main thread forum to discuss his/your interaction isn’t really a big surprise. He’s hardly ‘outed’ you, more questioning if his action were wrong as the forum see’s it.
    May be posting a link from it to this one would have been useful though, but not a requirement IMO

TBH I would happily take the cash if offered and paid for, when another buyer is prevaricating. Same as DIB’s post, I’d happily ignore them, as the first with the cash/payment get the prize in my book.
    Though I have missed out on sales, as I went off to check the sellers forum history… I prefer this to loosing cash.

Gordy
    Free Member

You read a lot into “grrrr”, z1ppy. 😉

I have no issue with the first person to turn up with the money getting the goods either really but I wasn’t prevaricating. I’d asked for payment details the day before but didn’t get them.

[teacup]storm[/teacup]

cynic-al
    Free Member

So who is the lynchmob for/against now?

Can someone tell me who to hate please?

toys19
    Free Member

Again, as I said on the original thread, I won’t be losing any sleep about it.

Seems like you did seem a bit worried about it as you came here to defend yourself after I had to defend myself after you who left your “feedback” on the other thread.

JEngledow
    Free Member

Can someone tell me who to hate please?

Some other threads / posters may suggest yourself! 😉

djglover
    Free Member

Just get them both. They were haterz anyway

Gordy
    Free Member

Seems like you did seem a bit worried about it as you came here to defend yourself after I had to defend myself after you who left your “feedback” on the other thread.

That’s about as childish a sentence as I ever hope to read, even on here. Let’s not all get too caught up in it, eh.

Suffice to say, I bear you no ill will and never said, implied or tried to suggest you would have ripped me off.

Hope that’s clear now at least.

You’ve got a bit of fresh income I hear, so could you pay theotherjonv to put the thread down and I’ll settle on payday? Need your Paypal details though. Heheheh 😉

z1ppy

ahhh Grody, I can tell you thinking of the colour puce and number 12 too.. :mrgreen:

toys19
    Free Member

[teacup]storm[/teacup]

Of your own making.

If you were not bothered, why bother to make the ‘feedback’ post in the first place? It was unfair and troublemaking.
    I wasn’t annoyed with you for taking so long to reply, I just took the first payment that arrived.
    In fact I could have provided feedback about you? But other than your feedback post I have not got anything to say, you have a right to take as long as you want to make your mind up, but nothing you do gives you exclusivity over other buyers, except paying that is.

Gordy
    Free Member

Why bother to make it? Because I’ve read other threads about it and agreed with the general sentiment that people should leave feedback in the classifieds. Perhaps this thread offers an insight into why more people don’t do so.

I wasn’t annoyed with you for taking so long to reply

I don’t understand why you would be annoyed with me about that anyway (after all, I was waiting on you to reply with payment details) but don’t feel obliged to explain.

Kryton57

This happened to me on here – I emailed my intention to buy, buyer said he’ll mail more photo’s “before the weekend” to help my decision, never did and sold it to someone else in between times while I waited for photo’s/info to appear in my inbox.

FWIW I don’t think Toys did anything wrong persay, but I think he could have been more polite by letting Gordy know he had a cash offer, but as his was first in the queue did he want to continue?

Thats what I told the bloke in my scenario as well.

baldSpot
    Free Member

Kill me now

toys19
    Free Member

but as his was first in the queue did he want to continue?

He was not the first in the queue.

people should leave feedback in the classifieds

Fine, but we never made a transaction.

toys19
    Free Member

Kryton57

But was he aware of that? It seems that with the amount of detail exchange he was being pretty serious.

Did you inform him there were other potential buyers and it was first come first served? In which case, hard luck Gordy I’m afraid…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Was he waiting for you to send him payment details though?

Kryton57

P.S. Magic beans for sale if you want some? 😉

KennySenior
    Free Member

So in summary, a thread is started about an unreasonable classifieds buyer who turns out to be perfectly reasonable.

Cougar

… and then descends into lastwordism rather than admitting it.

Kryton57

Seems that way Kenny, or it seems there’s a misunderstanding about selling / buying etiquette.

toys19
    Free Member

I don’t think I did, but I do not see why there is an assumption of “dibs”, I have held stuff for people in the past only to be let down. And there was a days wait between mine and his last replies. We were havign a cosy chat, then silence from 9pm till 2pm next day. There is no need to even legitimise his silence, there are umpteen reasons why he was busy, absolutely fine, but in the meantime my doorstep is darkend by a man with cash. Should I say, ohhh sorry come back later I’m waiting for a random bloke 600 miles away to decide to reply or not.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘Flame me…’ is closed to new replies.