Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Flag pole?
  • stayhigh

Evening All what would people suggest using as a flag pole at a campsite i.e festival type affair? Had thought maybe an old fishing rod?

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Sounds like a plan to me, although I thought a lot of festivals were not liking people using flags & flagpoles currently?

stayhigh

I dont know, just fancied getting one really. Have just found this. Ah the power of research after posting…

incognito
    Free Member

when we went camping last month I bought a 6m roach pole off of ebay for about £10 and wrapped my ultra bright blue led xmas lights round it. suffice to say we didn't have any problems finding our tents.

incognito
    Free Member

that's the kind a thing.

stayhigh

How did you fix it in the the ground, did you just stick it in or anchour it with guy ropes?

fatboyslo
    Free Member

Thats the type of thing

Buy the ground spikes as well, 2 should be enough for a 4 mtr pole, I use 2 on a 6 mtr pole and rig a set of makeshift guy lines as well

incognito
    Free Member

pulled the bung out of the bottom and stuck it on the end of a windbreak pole and then taped it up with some gaffer tape. it went in about 400mm. I thought it may snap in the wind but it didn't. it got very windy as well.

stayhigh

seems to cover it all here so will give this a punt

Spongebob
    Free Member

Cable tie an old windsurf mast to a gazebo.

We did this for the last world cup 4 years ago. We took a projector with us and put an aerial on the mast (which also had a large England flag flyinf from it). Proper chavvy stuff, but the whole site came to watch the game on the 14ft screen.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Flag pole?’ is closed to new replies.