Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • My Hermes… Load of S*$te
  • renton
    Free Member

So Ive had it with My Hermes………..

I sent a set of wheels off last week, tracking info on Friday says out for delivery so recipient stays in all day and they are not delivered. Tracking info says delivery failed twice on Friday although no card was put through the door.

The chap I sent the wheels too then asks me to change the delivery address to his mates shop as is working away all week. I contact My Hermes via live chat to change the address, no problem Im told and will be done straight away.

Only it doesn’t get changed and they fail to deliver again.

I contact them and they apologise for their mistake and say due to this they will try and redeliver to the new address, however I need to wait until the parcel is returned by the courier the following day before they can do anything.They say to call the following day to sort it out.

Ok, so I call the following day as I was told to only to be told sorry, the parcel is already being returned to you.

I had 4 live chats with people saying the address has been changed ( It still hasn’t to this point)

I had one person say they tried to deliver to the new address but no reply( they hadn’t)

You get different answers everytime you contact them.

At this moment in time the parcel is being returned to me, So I will have to pay to send the wheels out again.

Utter shit!!

I believe they have broke their own terms and conditions though …….

5.4 If following the Further Attempts we are still unable to deliver the Parcel to the Address, we will contact you for further instructions. We reserve the right to require payment of further Charges should you request that the Parcel is returned to you or that we make a further delivery. If we cannot contact you or you do not respond to our correspondence then we may dispose of the Goods or destroy them. Before we do this we will hold the Goods at your sole risk.

At no point was I contacted to find out what I would like doing, instead I receieved an email asking for more money to cover an admin fee for the return of the parcel.

What do you think ? have the broke them ?

I have contacted the CEO and one of her minions has replied but so far nothing is happening. At this point by the time Ive posted the wheels off again I stand to be £40 out of pocket on postage costs on a £100 set of wheels.

renton
    Free Member

They have also told me that it will take between 7 and 14 working days to get them back to me.

Also said access was restricted at the recipients address

andyl
    Free Member

I stand to be £40 out of pocket on postage costs on a £100

eh?

I sent a set of £175 carbon wheels (insured) with Herpes the other week for £11.45. Got there safe and sound in a couple of days. But then I didn’t try and change the address which in all honesty is going to cause problems with a low cost courier. I would only attempt that with someone like UPS or DHL if I had a business account with direct access to someone who knew what they were doing.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Gary_M
    Free Member

I’ve sent 172 parcels with Hermes (just checked my account), out of that I’ve had one parcel damaged in transit which was resolved by hermes with a full refund with 5 days.

Why is the postage £20 on a £100 set of wheels?

And as above changing the address after the item has shipped is highly likely to cause confusion given the way hermes is set up.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

£40? someone’s telling porkies.

Sundayjumper

It depends on the competence of the people on the ground and – touch wood – I’ve not had any problems. I’ve chatted with the woman who covers our area and she’s really good.

renton
    Free Member

Originally cost £10.75 then they decided the box was to big so charged me another £10.80.

Now they are asking for a £5 admin fee to cover the return.

I am also going to have to pay to send them again (£15 with parcel force this time though)

The fact that they lied about trying to deliver even though they hadnt winds me up. Also why say they can change the delivery address with no issues and then dont do it?

Also you know something is up when the customer service people on the phone cant get through to one of their own depots on the phone

Gary_M
    Free Member

mmm 2-5kg parcel with £100 cover is £8.45.

Originally cost £10.75 then they decided the box was to big so charged me another £10.80.

They decided it was too big, or it was too big and you thought you’d chance it?

stevious

Hermes are VERY inconsistent, as you might expect from the nature of the company.

I’ve had that ‘restricted access’ nonsense from them before on days where I’ve been in my garage with the door open all day. Their definition of ‘next day’ is interesting too.

renton
    Free Member

mmm 2-5kg parcel with £100 cover is £8.45.

They decided it was too big, or it was too big and you thought you’d chance it?

It was 5-10 kg as the wheels had tyres on and I packed them well.

I measured the box it was probably 5cm over the max size my mistake I admit

thenorthwind

Heard lots of horror stories about MyHermes but have used them dozens of times and never had a problem (touch wood). I think it depends a lot on local delivery staff (sorry, contractors) but I’ve sent stuff all over and it’s always got there.

BoardinBob

I’ve always been ok sending stuff with them but I did “receive” a package from Amazon via them to my office. The delivery tracking claimed the package was delivered to my office and signed for by a receptionist at 6:30pm. There was no sign of the package.

After 2 weeks of checking around my office it was miraculously delivered to reception by the my hermes guy. God only knows what went on in the two week period and why they claimed it was delivered.

Northwind

Pro tip: if you get a “package too big” from hermes and it’s marginal, just message them “don’t think that’s right, I measured it and it was under size” and they’ll still invoice you but they won’t follow it up if you don’t pay.

FWIW I am now up to 1017 parcels delivered, plus however many I’ve had delivered to me, fail rate is I think 3. And 2 of those fails was refunded quickly and painlessly (the 3rd was a pain but, tbh mostly my fault).

Rubber_Buccaneer

Their definition of ‘next day’ is interesting too.

Manana 🙂

devash
    Free Member

Because Herpes is a “gig” employer (i.e. they use local self-employed couriers which can range from man and van type setups to mum and dad taking turns to use their Ford Galaxy) they can be a bit hit and miss.

renton
    Free Member

Northwind how did you manage to get a refund for failed delivery as they are refusing.

I’ve used them loads and had no issues but this is the first time and it’s all gone Pete tong

cynic-al
    Free Member

renton – Member

I’ve used them loads and had no issues but this is the first time and it’s all gone Pete tong

🙂

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

They have lied to me three times about something being delivered. I avoid them at all cost

Northwind

renton – Member

Northwind how did you manage to get a refund for failed delivery as they are refusing.

I think mine (only had that once) was basically simpler, no change of address or anything so they didn’t have much wriggle room. It definitely helps if they have a mobile.

it’s a pretty crappy company in a lot of ways obviously but in other ways surprisingly good… I work for a university and deliveries here are a disaster, we have 9000 people across 800 acres with 1 postcode and no rational addressing system so it’s a nightmare beat for a courier. So one day, I got a call from the hermes regional logistics guy who said “our couriers hate delivering to you, what can we do?”. DHL are the only other company that’s done that, and I think only because we have our corporate contract with them- every other company leaves the couriers to deal with it. I started taking them a bit more seriously after that…

renton
    Free Member

The chap I sent them to (member on here) was in all day on Friday and apparently the courier tried to deliver twice ??

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

I feel for you, its a total ball ache when these things go wrong.
    That said I have sent 60 items with them, bigest being forks I think and no probs to date.
    Tried to get a bike collected once (boxed up by seller) with Yodel once and that went pretty badly.
    As said above I think a lot depends on the guy in the van having a bad day.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

The Hermes courier here is a lying sack of incompetent %%%% who i’ve had issues with before.
    This is relevant since Renton is trying to send them to me.

binners

As someone who couriers a lot of things out to people – expensive, fragile things that needs treating with care – I’ve found that as with so many things in life, German efficiency wins every time. I wouldn’t contemplate using anyone else…

jimw
    Free Member

I have had a similar woeful service as a recipient of Hermes.
    I ordered a (small) item from a company. They sent it next day 18/2. On 20/2 i get a message “delay due to customer access’ one of us was in all day.
    they try again 23/2. Again “delay due to customer access” i phone up sender, they phone Hermes who said the track I live on was to rough for the delivery. This has never happened before, even with Hermes.
    Seller arranges for it to belivered on ‘large vehicle” on Sunday 25/2. It didn’t even get put on the van.
    I phoned monday to seller, they refund me and request return to sender to Hermes…. Who then try and deliver on 28/2 but again “delay due to customer access”. I phone company up, they contact Hermes again, request return to sender, again. Package delivered to me on 2/3!! No concern from driver about the track-“it’s perfectly OK”
    I sent it back as I had already had refund.

plus-one

Yes utter white .. Blatent lies and woeful customer service ….

You pays your money 🙄

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

An ironic choice of name as once you’ve handed over the goods, they’re pretty much in the hands of the gods.

I think their delivery service works best for businesses with standard office hours and someone in reception to sign for the goods.

As said above, because its gig work, it’s too unreliable for residential deliveries.

I get chest pains when I see a seller using them.

I’d rather myhermes offered a click&collect service for us mere mortals.

frankconway

OP asked about who to use in earlier thread and then chose hermes – cheapest?
    Go for reliability over cost every time.
    I always send by parcelforce – bike bits and other stuff – never any problem.
    Deliveries to me are usually parcelforce or dpd – again, never any problem.

ads678

I returned a set of Fox Forks to CRC a few weeks ago using Hermes. The tracking info on their web site has said ‘on its way back to the retailer’ since 8th Feb and still says that now. It’s a good job that CRC are good and have refunded me already cos I reckon the forks are lost…..

DezB
    Free Member

Very crap OP. I’ve not had problems with em, so convenient to drop to the shop round the corner, as well as being cheap.
    ads678 – tracking on their website doesn’t always get updated. I’ve got items on there “out for delivery” and I know they’ve been delivered as the recipient has told me.
    Rather My Hermes than ParcelFarce (miles away) and DPD – who’s local depot has got the name of a different company on the signs so you can drive round and round a nice industrial estate wandering where the **** you’re supposed to be picking up your item from!

jimw
    Free Member

The responses generally seem to be that apart from the OP those who use them to send stuff are happier than those who (sometimes) receive stuff. This is probably due to the variable nature of their delivery drivers. The company I bought from said that their contract with Hermes does allow for drivers not to deliver in places that were likely to damage their vehicles etc. and that as has been shown by my experience is very subjective. I won’t now buy from companie thatbuse Hermes to deliver if I can avoid it, and would not buy stuff from sites like this if sellers were intending to use Hermes

kerley
    Free Member

As someone who couriers a lot of things out to people – expensive, fragile things that needs treating with care – I’ve found that as with so many things in life, German efficiency wins every time. I wouldn’t contemplate using anyone else…

Nor me. I only buy from places that use DPD as I know I will get great service. Along with a 1 hour time slot, option to change delivery day even 2 hours before due to arrive etc,. They seem to be the only delivery company that realise its 2017…

Northwind

DPD are in a different class. But then they should be, at personal rates posting a 1kg package by hermes costs £2.75, by DPD it costs £7.19.

Not like-for-like of course but that’s kind of the point of economy and premium

Dickyboy

Not had any send or receive problems with myhermes, but only ever used them to send smaller/cheaper stuff and accept that 1% of times it might just go tits up

mintimperial

Ooh, I’ve got a good one for this thread. Sold a (small) trailerbike last weekend, packaged it up, booked it in with Hermes for collection Tuesday. Courier didn’t show up by 5.30pm, bit annoying but it wasn’t that expensive an extra so never mind. I took it to a drop off to ensure it got to the buyer as quick as possible. Drop off accepted it, scanned barcode and gave me a receipt. (Courier turned up the next day expecting to pick up the parcel, incidentally, and didn’t seem remotely surprised that I’d done his job for him.)

Today, Sunday afternoon, five whole days later, I get an email saying that the parcel is too big, it’s still at the “parcel shop”, and I have to pick it up and get it delivered by someone else. I know for a fact that it’s less than 120cm long, I measured it to check against their T and Cs when I booked it in. Presumably there’s some other dimension buried in the small print that makes it undeliverable, I dunno. To be fair, they do say they’re going to refund the delivery charge, but still, sitting on the damn thing and doing bugger all for five days is just incompetent.

I only used them because they’ve done an OK job before, but I won’t be making that mistake again. Useless shower of shite.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Agree with the comment about the body who does the delivery. Our local bod is useless. Frequently cant find the address! Its a rural area that all satnavs find perfect. There are 4 houses, all with house names in big bold letters. The lazy sod can’t be bothered to get out of his car. Also had a few items delayed because of technical difficulties they say. Tracking gives a date of delivery and it doesn’t turn up. 48 hours later I get the email saying tech difficulties, 48 hours later it lands.
    Useless

renton
    Free Member

Would you believe me if I said I having the same issues with another parcel sent by my herpes to a different place.

You can’t make this shit up !!!

kcal

Guy on ground makes part of the difference. Ours is a really nice retired guy (he used to be my bank manager, doing it to get out the house). Knows where to leave stuff, chats amiably, wave if he heads past in van..

renton
    Free Member

Both delivery addresses are I’m Scotland….. Bloody lazy jocks :mrgreen:

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘My Hermes… Load of S*$te’ is closed to new replies.