Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Fizik v SDG – Durability
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Well, I’ve been trying out a shiny Gobi from Fizik and I like it. Comfy, nice shape and all that jazz. Am used to using SDG Ti-railed Bel-Airs and am on the verge of swapping over.

Comfort question is all sorted, but I find myself trashing saddles, so can anyone shed any light on durability of the Gobi XM K:IUM?

Thanks in advance!

sambob
    Free Member

No experience of a Gobi, but the Arione on my dad’s cx bike is getting pretty worn around the edges despite minimal use.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Durability of Fizik saddles seems shocking. On my Gobi the edges are wearing away but I’ll continue to use it until it’s dead and then might try something new that’s a bit tougher and more suited to DH razzing.

amt27
    Free Member

I wore through the nose edges of a Gobi within a few hours riding, luckily Fizik replaced the saddle without question and I got to keep the original.

I sold the new one and taped up the old one, still riding it now 2 year on.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Hmm. Sub-optimal, by the sounds of it!

Back to SDG I go then…!

Thanks

mattstreet

Have had a Gobi XM Kium on the FS for 3 years and it’s got a bit scuffed around the nose, but not worn through. I would say that it does feel like it’s ‘sunk’ a bit though, but I reckon it’s seen a decent enough life and will soon be replaced with a new Gobi.

If you get on with the Gobi, you’ll probably like the Charge Spoon – I find them both equally comfy 🙂

neninja
    Free Member

My Gobi XM Kium has been going for 18 months – couple of very slight scuffs but otherwise fine. It’s been crashed a few times and survived.

The sewn details on the tail wore off but that doesn’t bother me.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Gobi is fine, lasts about a year hard riding.

messiah
    Free Member

Snapped the base of one Gobi and snapped a lot of the wing flex bits on another… I’m sure you can guess what I think of them. Bel-air ftw.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

gobi xm kium looked battered after under a years use – stitching coming away, nose ends worn…

gone back to a charge spoon – £20 – just as comfy and showing no sign of wear 😆

its a no brainer 😆

Klunk
    Free Member

5 years on a gobi winflex ti, about 4-5k miles per year on a hybrid, apart from a little wear under the nose looks as good as new.

nixon_fiend
    Free Member

Mine wore through on the side edges of the ‘nose’ very quickly. Also had the glue fail on the underside of the rear.. letting the cover flap about.

I think they substitute longevity for low-weight. But I do find them supremely comfortable though!

– Also on SDG now .. no such issues

DezB
    Free Member

My Fizik Nisenes have lasted really well. Good job really cos they’re hard to find and I don’t get on with any other saddles (Since WTB SS2Ks disappeared)

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I’ve now got an SDG Bel Air RL with ti rails and it’s far more durable than the Fizik Gobi it replaced. I’ve had a pretty big crash which would have put more damage on the Gobi but the Bel Air is perfectly fine.

toys19
    Free Member

I love/ed my gobi for weight and comfort, but the wing flex bits all flexed to death. If I was minted I would buy one and just replace every 6 months, but in the real world its SDG for me too.

LLOYDSTEVENS
    Free Member

I have the Gobi on all of my bikes, did JOGLE on one last year and was very comfortable throughout. i would say the older Gobi circa 2008 were the best for durability but the new ones are not too bad. just go with the kevlar thigh glides and it should last well.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Fizik v SDG – Durability’ is closed to new replies.