Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • fizik tundra 2 saddle
  • ernie67

I’m thinking it’s new saddle time – i’ve seen one of these on Ebay & i’m tempted to splash the cash .
    Anyone know if they’re comfy …or is it one to avoid ?

Charge Spoon was my first choice

everyone
    Free Member

I went from a charge spoon to a fizik gobi and really like it.
    YMMV of course.

benji
    Free Member

If it’s the blue/black and white one on ebay, they are really horrible, any other colour very comfortable 😉

ernie67

😀 No …..it’s the orange & black one

benji
    Free Member

An excellent choice, all my bikes have a tundra2 on, have the orange black variety very comfy with esi chunky matching grips.

ernie67

Thanks for the advice , but having read some reviews on google this morning i’m now thinking twice . I’m commuting during the week & then XC ( hardtail ) for 2-3 hrs on a weekend – it looks more of a shorter ride saddle from some of the reviews.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I’ve got one on my HT and another spare one, I find them very comfortable for all lengths of ride including 24hr solo. My mate on the other hand hates them

ernie67

B*gger it ! ….just going to have to find out the hard way & try it for myself .

Thanks

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I’ve got one, which I found fitted my ass from riding a demo bike with one on.

Very comfy. Struck it lucky and picked up a badly listed carbon railed one on Ebay for next to nothing, which weighs bugger all too 🙂

I’d have another.

Kryton57

My anthem came with on by default. I thought at first it was slippery, but once it wore in over a weekend at wales I didn’t even notice it.

Light too.

BadlyWiredDog

I run one on my cross bike and really like it – it’s flatter and not as cushy as a Gobi, which I have on a couple of other bikes, but works well for me from anything from an hour to two right up to proper all-dayers. It’s always difficult to know what’s going to suit you and I can imagine someone who’s used to a Gobi finding it a bit harsh, but I like it.

ernie67

I’ve an Orange Clockwork S 2013 , which i decided to swap parts as & when , so it’s still just got the standard SDG Falcon on ( suprised it’s lasted so long tbh ).

MikeG

I had one on my anthem – horrible nasty razor blade to my bum, gave it to a mate who happily rides all dayers on it.
    Not very helpful sorry.
    I do find charge spoons comfy though which he doesn’t, if that helps at all.

NormalMan

Be interested to hear how you get on with it ernie67.

I went for the falcon (albeit for shallow colour coded reasons) recently as a replacement for a spoon. I’ve only done a couple of rides so jury still out. Although in order to follow the ‘slight tail up’ design of the falcon it looks very nose down to me. I’ve tried riding it when it ‘looked right’ but it was right uncomfy!

I’ve only seen the Fizik in black or white with red trim. Any link to stores with the orange trim version?

ernie67

Just ebay to be honest Normal Man

ernie67

Might have one for sale in a couple of weeks if you’re wanting one 😉

NormalMan

I’ll keep an eye out on the classified then 🙂

benji
    Free Member

I’m now awaiting the arrival of a blue/black and white one 🙂

That will make the tundra count to 6 in my stable.

ernie67

Sound like they’re the Marmite of saddles ( hope i like mine more than marmite …hate the bloody stuff !)

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Flat and quite hard – I have noticed the absence of a ‘comfort groove’ a few times on unexpected hits 😯 but overall it suits me and I use it for 3-4 hour rides no problem.

I have a Charge Spoon on my commuter which is OK but I definitely get on better with flatter saddles rather than the Spoon/SDG style with the rear kick up.

As with any saddle it’s what suits you but the Tundra certainly is no sofa.

NormalMan

Found it. Must say it looks very nice.

If the Falcon doesn’t stay then I might just try one out. I have a Fizik saddle on one of my road bikes and like it.

gonzy
    Free Member

one of my friends has one and says they’re really comfy. i had a quick blast on it and its not too bad.
    the problem is that they are expensive to buy new and even second hand go for decent money.
    i’m still looking for one for a relatively low price as they seem ok. if i do get one it will replace the fizik nisene that is on the commuter, for the time being the wtb saddle on the full sus is going to be replaced by a fizik zeak. but if i dont get on with that then i’ll be looking for another tundra or an sdg bel air

onandon
    Free Member

If it works for you then it’s a good saddle. Personally I’ve had two and found them horrid.

ernie67

Gonzy – £39.95 inc. postage through Absolute Cycles on Ebay if you want to try them ?

gonzy
    Free Member

thanks ernie67

my fizik zeak arrived on monday and in order to get used to it i stuck it on the commuter and used it today. my initial impression is that its quite a comfy saddle and feels better than the nisene it replaced.
    right now i’m tempted to get another one!! 😆

ernie67

Ordered it yesterday & within half an hour got a message saying it’d been despatched (!) , so should be here for the weekend to try out – just hope my bum likes it 😀

ernie67

Well , fortunately , my bum does like it . Felt a bit funny at first , but once i’d forgotten about it & just rode i never noticed it .
    Big thumbs up from me – so sorry Normal Man ,it won’t be going cheap in the classified section just yet 😉

NormalMan

No worries. Glad it worked out for you.

I’m getting on well with the falcon now. I had to alter the angle to make sure it’s using its inbuilt slight rear rise, so doesn’t look as asthetically pleasing as I’d hoped but it is very comfy.

Everyone’s a winner!

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘fizik tundra 2 saddle’ is closed to new replies.