Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Fizik (rear) lights
  • legend
    Free Member

Anyone using one? I’ve got a silly aero seatpost, but a Fizik saddle which can take Fizik specific rear lights. However the only options I can see are:

which looks a bit tiny, so I’m concerned about how good it would be. Or

which doesn’t seem to be available anymore.

Any tried one of the above? Alternatively I’ll just have to go looking for something that works with the post

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Have a look at the lifeline (I think they’re called) rear lights from wiggle. They come with a stretchy chord to attach them so should fit an aero post.
    The Lezyne ones are the same aswell..

otsdr
    Free Member

Knog Blinder MOB, it fits aero seatposts and has retroreflective areas.
    I have the tall Mr. Chips one and it is very nice (the square ones are a bit too wide).

l.e. There is also a bracket that allows you to attach a number of CatEye lights directly to the saddle: https://www.amazon.com/Unknown-SR-2S-L-CatEye-Bracket/dp/B00BEQGHYM
    l.l.e If you need something more powerful, Lupine Rotlicht can be (optionally) mounted directly on the saddle rails.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I use a fizik saddle bag that clips on to the bit on the back of the saddle.

Pair of cheap cateye lights go on to a strap on the saddle bag with clips they come with

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

yourguitarhero – Member
    I use a fizik saddle bag that clips on to the bit on the back of the saddle.

Just make sure you don’t put anything in the saddle bag; otherwise you risk losing your rear light……

mrblobby
    Free Member

That Fizik one is ok. Not super bright and is only a coin cell battery so doesn’t last that long. I’d not use it as my main rear light.

A few of the Moon rear lights come with aero fittings. I’ve got an lx-70 that straps around a giant vector aero seatpost.

I’ve also got the Cateye saddle bracket, it’s very good, but some aero seat posts can still get in the way.

TiRed

I use the Cateye direct mounts. They are super. I bought a pack from the US and gave them out. As long as you insert the light at 45 degrees they work fine. I also use an adaptor plate for the Rapid X rear light to fit a standard cateye square rear mount. So best of both really.

Those Rapids tend to move around on an aero post. Giant make a better solution with a deep reverse V that is a perfect mount to their SL and vector seatposts.

legend
    Free Member

Ah well, thoughts confirmed about the Fizik one then, shame as its a neat solution

Thanks for the other suggestions. Saw the Giant one too, so might just go down that route

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

I am using the Cateye Rapid on my Fizik saddles.
    Very bright as most of my mates have told me to turn it down!
    Nice and neat and handy as I have Fizik saddles on all my bikes.
    I have lost the red glass before though so make sure they are secure before you set off!
    As far as I know still available from Extra but I don’t think they are in current catalogue.
    Thanks,
    Max

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

The fizik light that clips in is shit. Dim and they die quickly.

Heard horror stories about the saddle bags but have used mine on the MTB and CX for 1000s miles without dropping off. There is an Allen head bolt you can tighten to stop it swinging so much that makes a big difference

Sonor
    Free Member

I have been using a Cateye Rapid mini for the last year.

Most excellent.

TiRed

Legend if you ask nicely, i’ll pop one of the spare fizik mounts in the post. Just ordered four more from the US. I won’t need them all.

dirtydog
    Free Member

The fizik light that clips in is shit.

This.

Leigh2612
    Free Member

Just ordered one of those fizik lights….sounds like I won’t have it long…!
    Regarding the clip in bags I broke 3 in the course of a month or so on 2 bikes.
    Fell off the roadie in the ice and cracked the plastic, plastic cracked or perished on my MTB and the same again on my replacement for the road bike. Didn’t put much in them (2 tubes, levers and 2 co2 cartridges) and couldn’t justify £15 every couple of weeks to store stuff under my saddle….!

legend
    Free Member

Thanks TiRed, appreciated. Think I’m going to have to buy a complete new light anyway (current Leyzne one isn’t going to work) so might just get one of the Giant aero ones

steve_b77
    Free Member

TiRed – Member
    Legend if you ask nicely, i’ll pop one of the spare fizik mounts in the post. Just ordered four more from the US. I won’t need them all.

Can I ask nicely, please mister, please??

TiRed

The Giant one is pretty mnice, comes with a rubber band and a rubber insert to convert from the Vector seatpost profile to the SL profile. Lost my insert so it lives on my old Propel.

Steve – drop me a line, email in profile.

Leigh2612
    Free Member

My blink came today. Feeble may be an understatement….!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Fizik (rear) lights’ is closed to new replies.