Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • fizik gobi xm braided saddle.how good are they?
  • racefaceec90

at present have a fizik tundra (mark 1 saddle)which i find quite harsh to say the least (like sitting on a breeze block).after suffering with jeremy kyles 😳 no sniggering 😉 am really thinking of getting one.was going to get a cheaper saddle,but am going to treat my arse to comfort (treat my anthem x2 also).have read almost universal praise for the comfort of said saddle (the klum ones) was just wondering how people got on with theirs (especially for long periods of time on bike). link would be happy to spend the money (comfort/lightness)thanks in advance 🙂

user-removed
    Free Member

£150!!!11?!!!1 I was roundly abused for spending £50 on a Selle Italia, and that was reduced from £70…. Surely you’d be better off spending that kind of money on a shit hot set of bib shorts – much easier to transfer between bikes.

Oh and with the change, you could invest in a massive tub of Germaloids (the ointment lasts soooo much longer than the cream 🙂 )

loddrik
    Free Member

Try something like a nisene with wing flex. No need to spend that sort of cash to get something comfortable.

bol

You can pick up a regular kium gobi on here for under £40 lightly used. Give it a try and if you get on with it maybe then splash out on the braded version. I’d stick with the kium though myself.

messiah
    Free Member

I’ve snapped two gobi saddles – the plastic base seems a little weak.

For comfort I’d go WTB Speed V or an SDG Bel Air

budgierider67

I have a regular kium Gobi XM and find it very comfortable although the leather is wearing quick on the nose.

titusrider
    Free Member

go for gobi but unless you are racing i would stick to metal rails

big_scot_nanny

messiah – Member

I’ve snapped two gobi saddles – the plastic base seems a little weak.

For comfort I’d go WTB Speed V or an SDG Bel Air

Me also, 2 snapped bases on Gobi XMs. use charge spoons and SDG Bel Airs, prefer the spoon shape (bit easier to get off the back), both comfortable as the gobi.

I am fat.

Kev

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Whereas I had a Gobi & it felt like it was cutting me in two. Reading the reviews they seen to be a real love/hate fit.

Charge Knife is a veritable sofa by comparison.

fbk
    Free Member

I found the Gobi really comfy but, as others have stated, they do seem to wear really quickly, especially on the side of the nose. If you want to try one though, last years model can be had on the Bay for around £40

I’ve changed to a Bel Air and love it.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

i love my gobi xm kium, ive had it under a year and its worn on the nose too 🙁 its looking like its about 5 years old, im quite gutted to be honest, but i do love the seat itself its the comfiest ive tried by far…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘fizik gobi xm braided saddle.how good are they?’ is closed to new replies.