• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Xar.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Fizik Gobi Snapped
  • Jammy111
    Free Member

Just been cleaning my bike and realised there is a crack on my fizik gobi saddle towards the rear on one of the wingflex bits.
    Seems like it may be a fault in the product though as it is along a 'seam' i can see present on the other side between two bits of plastic.
    Im a bit gutted but dont think there is anything i can do, as i bought it off the classifieds.

titusrider
    Free Member

fairly standard issue with the gobi- think of it as extra effective wing flex
    Replaced my first one that did this (at my cost) and when the second one cracked pretty soon after i wasnt gonna bother.
    still riding it 2-3 years later

meesterbond

Likewise… mine broke a couple of years back and I'm still happily using it. Can't say I notice it when I'm riding.

aP
    Free Member

So it hasn't snapped, but a bit has broken off it?

duir
    Free Member

Yes I had a thred on here a few days ago mine snapped too. It's the second one I have had the left hand rail snap in exactly the same place. They are really good with warranty (or Merlin were) and I got a new one straight away. I thought the latest noise was coming from my gravity dropper but it was the seat. Coincidently my back went into severe spasm on the left side and I have been off work for 4 weeks, could an faulty seat cause this?

mwleeds

[hijack]

Has anyone popped a gobi saddle off the rails and been able to get it back on? It feels wrong to throw away a perfectly good saddle!

[/hijack]

Xar
    Free Member

Yes, did it on saturday after an amazing bit of bike surfing down a hill. It wasn't to hard to be honest but that maybe because the other rail is slightly bent as well. It just has a pimp roll now

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Fizik Gobi Snapped’ is closed to new replies.