Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Fixing chinese light conector
  • luketracey

Hi,

I have had my cheep as chips chinese light for 3 years now, no fires or such like to report. The connector on the head unit (where it attaches to the battery) has started to play up, i gave it a pull last night and its come apart. Is there a way to reasemble these conectors (what tools would I need)

I know easyest solution is to buy another but I have become quite attached to the litte fella.

Cheers

asbrooks

Try Maplin. You’ll need a soldering iron and some heat shrink tape to make it waterproof again. All available from Maplin. Will cost more than a new ebay light though.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

The maplin ones arent great tbh. Your best bet ime is to buy a suitable “extension lead” eg from magicshine uk if they still do them and cut off the connector (you’ll be left with a spare for the light side).

Be very very careful cutting the old battery side cable. There’s a + and – wire in there just waiting to be shorted out with a bang!

asbrooks

Maplin sell the magic shine extension lead for £6. Cut one end off, you have your new connector

luketracey

Thanks for advice. Doner cable/connector soldered on, light is working again! to waterproof it will a hairdrier work on heat shrink tape or to I have to buy a heat gun?

nickjb
    Free Member

Hairdrier might work. A lighter will do it just keep it moving.

Sundayjumper

You can sometimes do it by carefully rubbing a soldering iron across it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Fixing chinese light conector’ is closed to new replies.