Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Fixed SS specific wheel with disc
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Can you guys do all the hard work for me please.

I want a single speed specific fixed hub with disc brake mount, reasonable rims and spokes.

As I understand it, normal hubs are less dished to allow for the block or cogs. SS specific are more dished and don't look weird with loads of spacers either side of the single cog.

The wheel will be used for riding around the New Forest so nothing too technical or stressful. I weigh 15 stone 6 pounds.

Target price of less that £200 so no Phil Woods I am afraid.

Starting point might be Echo hubs. Free karma for the one who comes up with the best spec and details of where to buy it. I just want to wave a credit card at the computer or LBS and make the wheel appear.

Cheers

Nick

qwerty
    Free Member

White Industries

Rorschach
    Free Member

Just riding along.Surly hub+stans flow.

qwerty
    Free Member

Sideways Cycles

qwerty
    Free Member

717 or Open Pro depending on your niche

qwerty
    Free Member

DT Swiss

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Lots of words and names.

I need the name of the hub, spokes and rim. Preferably with a link to the website that sells them and a price.

imagine I know nothing about bikes (not to hard) and I walk into a bike show and said to the bloke :

"I want White Industries

or

"I want Just riding along.Surly hub+stans flow

or

"I want Sideways Cycles

It just wouldn't work. Sorry but I am extremely lazy and stupid but don't want to end up with the wrong bit. You guys are all bike gurus and I throw myself before your wisdom.

singlespeedstu

I use on of these hubs in my fixed wheel.

http://www.trials-uk.co.uk/product.aspx?productid=657

Just get it built into whatever rim you want.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Explosion – Cool name. Are those hubs SS specific? There seems a lot of space on the drive side for spacers. I is a good start though.

Thanks

Nick

singlespeedstu

There's enough room for six cogs.

Same as a Hope or King SS specific rear hub.

Builds up into a none dished wheel.

alpin
    Free Member

still working then? haven't downsized….?

STATO
    Free Member

Surlybikes sells a product called the 'fixxer' which replaces the freehub on a shimano hub so you can use a fixed sprocket and lockring. Means you can convert a wheel you might already have.

Chainline
    Free Member

Or you could have my Phil Wood Kiss OFF disc fixed hub laced with DT Comp spokes to a Mavic 717 rim and packed ready to go after someone going to buy it found they could'nt fit disc to their bike.

Unused, never fitted, as new, £140 posted with a new Shimano 16t freewheel thrown in.

email in profile if you're interested, its lovely. I no longer have a bike to use it on…b'stards nicked the bike.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Chainline – YGM and £140 for the wheel

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

It has arrived and I have had a sex wee!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Fixed SS specific wheel with disc’ is closed to new replies.