Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Fixed-gear rider or granny-bike dawdler: who will win the race? guardian article
  • theflatboy
    Free Member

h'apols if this train has already sailed, but there you are.

Fixed-gear rider or granny-bike dawdler: who will win the race?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I laughed at the roadie jumping onto the fixie rider's wheel. The true definition of a roadie is one who would jump onto the wheel of the granny, sit on it, and jump past her as they'd crest a climb.

samuri
    Free Member

it's a fair article and would certainly work for some people. Not for me though, I like going fast and treat my commutes as training rides. It's even better if I spot a lycra'd up rodie and will hunt him down.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

sounds about right, but it was in Larndarn, would be interesting to see the result of a race bwtween a fixie and a roadie though on more normal commuting run between two towns. Suspect it would be closer than most roadies would like to admit.

Popocatapetl

I was at the ten at kirroughtree last weekend. I have never understood the current fascination tith Fixies ( i had one 30 years ago and it had "Cowhorn bars" on it! However, having had my ass whipped by the SSs i stand corrected. the guys riding these strange machines were unbelieveably fit and strong and passed me on every hill and i thought i was quite fit!! 🙄

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Fixed-gear rider or granny-bike dawdler: who will win the race? guardian article’ is closed to new replies.