Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • fix brakes in tod
  • Todchester
    Free Member

HI iv got sum Avid brakes and dispite taking them to the bike shop (dowen south) my wheels still arnt spining freely. I live in todmorden and dont want to go to blazing saddels as i have had bad expereanc with them. Dose any one live in the calder vally can you get brackes back to near new feel? or dose any one know a bike shop that dose a good job at a sensibul price?

allthepies
    Free Member

Stay off the crystal meth.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

The English teachers are going to rip your post apart.

Does the caliper not just need aligning with the rotor better? Is the rotor bent? Blazing Saddles have never been anything but brilliant for me so may be worth trying again?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    elaineanne
    Free Member

crickey thats along way to go ‘dowen south’ to fix ya brakes..lol….im live Tod.. well theres a cheap bike shop near the college (vale cycles), or there,s a new bike shop opened in Littleborough..called The Ride Stuff….very newly opened ..i happen to have a leaflet for them her is the number : 01706 376277 they are above the snooker club on Sale street in littleborough. and email…sales@the-ride-stuff.co.uk

hope this helps…

btw : you need to work on your spelling too (hahha) ive been slated on ere many a time for bad spelling…i can spell very well but ya know what its like when ya get older you become lazy at grammer…lol 😉

elaineanne
    Free Member

DaveyBoywonder whats all this about then :wink:DirtScene Twenty11 (coming soon)

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

My old website. Which I can’t be arsed with anymore.

Might find time to rebuild and get it back up and running next year – included lots of nice photos of riding in ‘our’ valley.

nigew
    Free Member

Todchester
    YGM

Clover

Don’t forget the bloke opposite Morrisons. Think he fixes bikes as a kind of community service, always very inexpensive.

Todchester
    Free Member

hi thanks guys yer sorry about the spelling im dislexic. will try the shope opersit morisons and the one in littelborogh. Blazing saddels charg £30 an hour! and thay mest up my bhrackes last time i went (dident discuver it till mounths later and had lost the receipt)

Todchester
    Free Member

YMG? 🙂

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

They messed up your brakes and you didn’t discover until months afterwards? That’ll definitely be their fault then :S

Todchester
    Free Member

thay had swapet my brack braket with one that was the wrong size so part of the pad wasent toching the disc:-)

_tom_
    Free Member

Sounds like maybe the brakes just need re aligning? Loosen off the bolts that attach the caliper to the adaptor, squeeze the brake then re-tighten the bolts. Might need to do this a few times for it to work, Avids can be fussy.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘fix brakes in tod’ is closed to new replies.