Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Fix a camera – advice appreciated.
  • Hairychested
    Free Member

My Fuji FinePix9500 has been great but recently developed a fault – it only works in full auto mode, you can't change anything. Any suggestions as to what should be done or where to take it? I'm in Hampton, Middlesex so local place preferred.

geoffj

Have you checked the

marsdenman
    Free Member

stand to be corrected but my guess is you'll struggle to find an independent repairer – looks like there is the opportunity to return it to Fuji though – clicky
    maybe worth giving them a ring first – see if it's perhaps a 'common' issue, get a steer on cost etc…

Which reminds me – my Nikon is due back from the repair shop tomorrow…. that'll learn me for dropping it…. 🙄

igm

Is there a reset to fatory defaults option anywhere?
    Can you download new firmware?

spooky_b329

Try a search on camera forums, I found some stuff for my Canon about a random error it did once, apparently it was a sign of a major fault coming my way and ended up finding out how to read the fault codes to confirm it, and found instructions on dissembling the camera to clean the affected bit.

Never bothered as the camera never did it since but at least I know the info is out there!

Hairychested
    Free Member

I haven't found new firmware as they replaced the model with 9600.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Fix a camera – advice appreciated.’ is closed to new replies.