Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Fiveten's Falling Apart.
  • singlespeedstu

Anyone else had a pair of Fiveten Freeride Contacts that the sole has started to fall off?
    Had a few pair of different Fivetens before that have lasted a couple of years.
    These are only four months old and the sole is coming away on the instep.
    Not even used them much.
    Anyone had a good warranty result from them?

ahwiles
    Free Member

These are only four months old and the sole is coming away on the instep.

yeah, they do that.

10 years ago, they were the best thing on offer. They’ve done that thing you do with laurels…

chiefgrooveguru

Yes, I sent them a load of photos, they sent me another pair. I glued the soles back on the first pair and I need to glue the soles back on the second pair because they’re having the same problem. Good warranty support, great grip, pretty comfy, but think I might go back to Shimano next time – I don’t mind the sole wearing out, it’s soft and sticky. But the sole delaminating is just a hassle.

NB: All the warranty stuff was done via the retailer.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    singlespeedstu

Yes, I sent them a load of photos, they sent me another pair.

Who did you send the photo’s to?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Yep – it’s something about the sole design – every single pair i’ve seen does it.

They have changed them for the new release by the looks of things.

Kahurangi

I’ve 2 pairs (Freerider VXI Elements) that have done that. 1st pair repaired with a load of Freesole, 2nd pair need doing!

Alex

My elements have just fallen apart really after less than 2 years. The sole hasn’t come away but it’s cracked. The top of the shoe appears to have ‘delaminated’ with more and more of the fabric peeling off. If it were a person, I’d diagnose it with leprosy!

Two winters tho.. so kind of okay with that. But my new Canvas Freeriders have had an eyelet pull loose after four months. In discussion with CRC re: Warranty.

My very old impacts are still fine. Probably still damp tho from one wet ride six months ago 😉

I do like 5-10s but considering switching to 2F0..

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

You want to try the Adidas, who ironically own Five-Ten, Terrex Cross Trails. Just as grippy with the Stealth sole, and don’t fall apart.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Send them back, they have always Been decent for warranties in the past i think

andywoodall
    Free Member

I’m just about to go through the motions with this, mine have started to come apart after 6 months weekend only use.

Didn’t buy local with these so trying to find a way around having to deal with the shop I bought them from for returning to Five Ten.

mrlugz
    Free Member

Had delaminating sole issue with my freerider VXi’s

Warrantied no issue.

The store I bought them from had since closed, dealt with 5:10 direct.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I do like 5-10s but considering switching to 2F0..

I was just about to do the same, after 4-5 happy years on Teva Links, 2FO seemed to be picking up where they left off, they even look similar, early reviews were very good, but the later, dare I say less commercially minded, reviews put me off though – where the Tevas (and my 510 Freeride Elements but less so) were sort of water-proof, Spesh has gone the other way and put big holes in them – lovely for a nice 25c dusty summer ride, not great for a 3c muddy wet winter ride. Sealskins solve all problems of course, but it’s still going to be a mission to keep a set dry.

GHill

Anyone had a good warranty result from them?

Just like a few other folks above, just had mine replaced under warranty (via LBS where I bought them) for the same issue.

Alex

Still in Warranty discussion with CRC…

I liked* the look of these for winter: http://www.vaude.com/en-GB/Products/Shoes/Bike-Shoes/Moab-Mid-STX-AM-black.html# – close to waterproof as you’re gong to get on a flat shoe…

*liked the features. Not a looker 😉

core

My free riders (about 12 months old tops, not ridden on much) are doing this, both soles delaminating on instep. Doubt I’ve got receipt now, and the LBS has stopped selling five ten………

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Ive been using FiveTen Tennies, an approach shoe, build quality far superior to any of the MTB specific five ten shoes, very comfy absoluteley no issues !

They also have the stealth sole and stick to flats like a homesick turd !

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=five+ten+tennie&rlz=1C1CHBD_enGB690GB690&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=643&site=webhp&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjko_q4je_OAhUlBsAKHbfVDisQ_AUIBygC&dpr=1#imgrc=FU-sCL-afjx54M%3A

Alex

Just an update, CRC have sent me a new set of 5-10s. Without sending my current ones back.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Anyone willing to share the pics of the soles that 5.10 will have asked for? My right one is shredded but i’d like to compare sole wear

dumbbot
    Free Member

no one use Five Ten ascents?

http://www.fiveten.com/us/outdoor/approach/aescent-dark-grey-citron

10months and they’re holding up fine, and I use them for both climbing and biking.

jam-bo

yep. not lasting that well for me.

stevomcd
    Free Member

Last couple of pairs of 5:10s have lasted me less than a month (of full-time guiding…). Warrantied, but fed up with the hassle on shoes which cost over €100.

Currently trying out some Giro Jackets. Now done about 8 weeks or so, still looking pretty new. Very happy so far – grip is very good, if not quite 5:10 good, but I can live with that for shoes which last 5 minutes.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Fiveten's Falling Apart.’ is closed to new replies.