Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Five Tens – should I go up half a size or more?
  • slimjim78
    Free Member

Going to purchase my first pair – remember trying some on a year or so ago and they were a good fit – trouble is I cant remember what size I tried on and wont be able to get out to a shop for a while.

I’m a natural 10.5, with a wide foot. Therefore I tend to have to plump for an 11 at times as they either don’t have a 10.5 in stock, or they are a bit narrow.
    In order to save me the bother of having to send a mail order pair back, could you let me know your experience of sizing them?

weeksy

I would yes.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Radical suggestion here…..

Why not try some on?

MSP

I use my normal shoe size for five tens, normally for cycling shoes I go up at least 1 sometimes 2 sizes.

Radical suggestion here…..

Why not try some on?

Not many shops carry a full range of styles with a full range of sizes.

slimjim78
    Free Member

CFH – please read my post in full for your answer

yorkshire89
    Free Member

They tend to be normal shoe sizes, go for the 10.5.

slimjim78
    Free Member

MSP / Y99 – thanks, the reason I asked was because i have an inkling that the pair that fitted me were my natural size. And like you I normally have to go up a size for cycling shoes.

therag
    Free Member

I wear an 11 in ordinary shoes/trainers, Nike & salomon and 5/10s are an identical fit.

bluebird
    Free Member

My 5-10s are the same size as my regular trainers, whereas for Shimano/Specialized I have to go up a full size.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Had missed the ‘for a while’ bit, apologies.

So, why not wait until you can! 😉

slimjim78
    Free Member

haha!
    a) want to ride this weekend
    b) insufferable impatience
    c) Amazon voucher burning a hole

Painey
    Free Member

I’m a size 10.5 with wide feet. My five ten impacts are a 11.5 and fit great. I wouldn’t want them any smaller although I do tend to wear thick socks for riding.

Hope this helps.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😀

momo

I’m a 46 with wide feet, normally wear 11 or 12s in trainers, bought size 46 5:10s, perfect fit, so I would say no you don’t need to size up.

reedspeed
    Free Member

I’ve got 10.5 in impacts,& thought the same when I bought the new vxi’s,so I went to an 11!,& on reflection I didn’t need to,they’re a little bit too big,even with a pair of seal skins on top of my normal socks !.

Is try em on if I could !.

blairc70
    Free Member

I had the same concern on width but went for my normal 8.5, fit great with medium thickness sealskins. VXI elements.

cinnamon_girl

I wear men’s 5:10s and find I have to go up a couple of sizes. Probably 3 sizes bigger when wearing Sealskinz.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Five Tens – should I go up half a size or more?’ is closed to new replies.