Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • five tens Free riders and mud
  • parling
    Free Member

Just got a pair and would like to know any tips for keeping them in top noch condition,

i know they will get wet and muddy we are in england after all.

stevede
    Free Member

Really? Maybe stick a plastic bag on each foot and tape up the ankles 🙂
    Another idea, don’t ride, they will stay box fresh then unless you wear them for playing out in!

crankbreaker

Make sure you hang around in the car park goose-stepping so everyone can see them before you get them muddy!

parling
    Free Member

think ill arive to go biking in them and then swap them for some old trainers to ride in.

wallop

I have some nice Sam Hill Impacts, they are basically permanently brown and solid. Just think of it as extra rigidity to increase your performance 😆

Whatever you do, don’t put them in the washing machine.

kayak23

Try proofing spray for outdoor gear…

hugor
    Free Member

Crap if your riding daily – take 3 days to dry.
    Hate putting on wet shoes.
    I know MTFU but it still sucks.

colournoise

Not sure if there were different finishes to the Freeriders. Mine (the black and white ‘scribble’ ones) always dry out overnight but they do have a ‘glossy’ plastic type finish whereas others look like they are more ‘fabricy’.

slainte ❓ rob

rob-jackson
    Free Member
    Northwind

I nuked my new pair with Graingers shoe waterproofer- made a huge difference, they shed mud a little better but mainly they just don’t soak up water like the last pair did, so they dry out faster too. And no downside that I can see.

So Five Ten, WHY DON’T YOU BLOODY DO THIS? Still, at least they’ve stopped using cardboard soles in most models.

parling
    Free Member

cheers, amount of times ive gone down something rough or in the air my foot comes of pedal and then i have my shins stabed by them bloody pins, Ill water proof spray the buggers and hope they can do a weekend of riding in wet beacuse seal skins water proof socks are negativly waterproof

paulevans
    Free Member

Husqvarna boot driers off eBay for about £15! Plug ’em in and pop one of the blue plastic jobbies in each shoe overnight to get dry booties in the morning!! Great.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘five tens Free riders and mud’ is closed to new replies.