Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Five Tens
  • mikey74
    Free Member

I need some new ones after I somewhat stupidly left mine in Whistler, although they were nearing the end of their lifespan. I like the look of the new Freerider ones but was wondering of anyone knows how they compare to the Impact ones for general trail riding.

Thanks folks.

Northwind

I have the Basics- which are the same as teh Freeriders but with less protection, apparently- and tbh I'm not very impressed, they look and feel cheap and they're a bit uncomfortable, like £20 trainers. Loads of grip obviously… Wish I'd bought another pair of Vans really all things considered.

the_lecht_rocks

sh1t soles that tear up in a few rides – why bother ?

hairyscary

A mate got some of the freerides and they fell to pieces within weeks.

mikey74
    Free Member

Yeah they seem to be the base model. I also like the look of the Karver ones. I used my Impacts for everything and loved them so would like something similar. I could also just buy a set of Impacts again.

mikey74
    Free Member

Tear up in a few rides? I have had my Impacts for two years and the soles show no signs of tearing up.

the_lecht_rocks

mikey – read your question FFS….i answered your post about freeriders NOT impacts…… 🙄

mikey74
    Free Member

Sorry, but I assumed they all had the same sole material. Is this not the case?

the_lecht_rocks

no sweat mate – FR's are kaka

mikey74
    Free Member

Thanks for the info. Think I'll stay with the Impacts 😀

sq225917
    Free Member

its the guide tenne approach shoes that you want. flatter sole profile with a bit of convex toe to heel .

grumm
    Free Member

I've got the Freeriders and while they look nice and are comfy – the soles have started to come apart already. 🙁

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Five Tens’ is closed to new replies.