Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Five Ten SPD shoes with flat pedals?
  • nowthen
    Free Member

Hi All,

I am looking at the Five Ten Hellcat shoes, thinking I can use them most of the time with flats and then also have the chance to use them with clipless pedals when needed?

Anybody doing this, and do the cleats cause any issues?

Thanks

nowthen

Militant_biker

Not with the shoes you mention, but I used to do the same with Specialized Buzzsaw’s. Umma Gumma soles worked great on V12’s (admittedly I had to fit TerrorPins so they could get into the lugs on the tread) and had a cleat for Times. I occasionally felt the cleat on the pedal body, but under ‘normal’ use were fine.

Great set-up, one pair of shoes to rule them all. Never managed to find a replacement when they wore out. *Goes off looking for Hellcats*

chilli
    Free Member

I’ve got a pair of hellcat’s and they work ok with flats, the cleat is very recessed in the sole so you can’t really tell it’s there when on flats,the sole is a lot stiffer than my 5.10 freeriders so you can’t feel the pedal as much but for short local rides etc they work ok with flats.

steveh

If you’re used to normal 5 10’s you’ll notice a big drop in the grip level on flats.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Five Ten SPD shoes with flat pedals?’ is closed to new replies.