Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Five Ten Maltese Falcon
  • siloseven
    Free Member

Any own a pair of these and can advise on how waterproof they are? Looking at the pictures it looks as though though the lace cut-out extends quite far forward towards the toe and I wonder if this is a really easy route for water ingress…

siloseven
    Free Member

bump. anyone?

timbo678
    Free Member

Yep, had a pair for the last year or so. The hard shell toe does prevent splashes getting in but they aren’t waterproof by a long stretch. Mine are quite worn now and get very wet. I bought them because they dry quickly. It’s all relative but on balance I would definitely buy another pair

siloseven
    Free Member

OK – I suppose this type of shoe is never going to be waterproof but my freerider elements do a reasonable job of keeping rain and light spray out so I was wondering if the falcons perform similarly or if the water just pisses through like it does with some shoes

kimbers

My mate had the cleat mounting plate rip through the soles on 3 new shoes before he just got a refund

siloseven
    Free Member

oh 🙁

I’d had heard that about the kestrels but not the maltese falcons. Hmm, starting to think I maybe wont bother with them.

timbo678
    Free Member

Cleat mounting plate not been an issue for me, yes they do keep rain and light spray out and toes warm for the most part

bigwill
    Free Member

They will definitely not keep your feet dry in wet conditions, splash proof yes, and being made of leather the water runs off unlike fabric shoes. There very comfortable shoes but again I’ve had issues with the cleat plate snapping, clipless 5/10 impacts are no better, must use the same plastic plate. Shame I think it lets a great shoe down.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I’ve got the LT version which do a pretty good job of keeping feet dry.

Only when hitting a big puddle does it seem to really swap them.

No cleat thing issues either?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Five Ten Maltese Falcon’ is closed to new replies.