Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Five Ten Freerider VXI
  • bspoked
    Free Member

I’ve worn my new five10s for around nine hours in the lakes today, first time I have owned a pair.

I’ve ridden flat pedals all my life and never had a problem with feet slipping off the pedals. I could ride a rocky trail in dress shoes. I’ve got spds on my cross bike and sure they feel more direct, but I wouldn’t bother on the mtb.

So… first things first. Stealth rubber isn’t magic. I didn’t notice any more grip than and old pair of trainers and all that guff about not being able to move your foot around on the pedal… hilarious. They gripped very well, did what they should, no more, no less.

On the otherhand, where they are absolutely game-changing for me, is in terms of fatigue. Riding in vans trainers, any old trainers or approach shoes, by the end of every ride my feet hurt as much as my legs. On long descents the arches of my feet were screaming.

Sat here now, outside the Pheasant, my feet feel as good as they did this morning and haven’t given me a peep all day, including hiking most of the way up Skiddaw.

I’m not sure whether it is the stiffness or the cushioning, but they are a absolutely fantastic. I’m chuffed.

chrisdw
    Free Member

That will be the stiffness.

Mine were a revelation when I got them. Now on SPD and that’s a whole other level of all day comfort!

bspoked
    Free Member

But hiking to the top of mountain in them wouldn’t be and I’ll never be fit enough to clean Jenkins Hill! 🙂

wobbem
    Free Member

Does the shoes inner side cover your inner ankle and protect from hitting the crank arm?

nickc

😀

Anything that makes biking better is a winner.

bspoked
    Free Member

I’ve never hit a crank arm with my ankle, so not sure. They are fairly substantial.

Think Clarks and a bit special.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Five Ten Freerider VXI’ is closed to new replies.