Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • five ten comparisons
  • MSP

I am struggling to get a new pair of impact low’s in my size. I like the protection and underfoot padding of them, being quite a big and heavy guy I find them quite comfortable all day in the alps.

I would like to know what peoples experience of other 5-10 shoes are in comparison, ie the freeride and aescent models, do they give the same level of protection to the sole of the foot.

hunta

Love my Freerides. Haven’t compared the Impacts but it certainly feels well supported / padded around the sole.

sicklilpuppy
    Free Member

Sam hills are basicslly the same shoe as impact lows. Stif cycles have old style impacts in from 6 to 12, and new style impacts from 8-12.

robinlaidlaw
    Free Member

Unless they’ve changed the Aescents, they have very little padding, they were originally designed to be a shoe that you could both walk and climb very easy stuff in, hence they have no padding at all under the forefoot to allow enough feel and flex to rock climb a bit. They wouldn’t be any use on the bike, far too thin and soft.

Northwind

The Freeriders are excellent- better allround shoe than the impacts IMO, less blocky and clumpy. Less protection and from memory a slightly less stiff sole, though, they’ve changed the Impact slightly since I had mine , new insoles etc.

Still no real weatherproofing and they still take a long time to dry, though not as bad.

eskimonumber1

I did an 11 hour ride in my Freerides and they were excellent, very sturdy soles.

banks
    Free Member

What about the Giro jackets – just as good as me freeriders just dry quicker

MSP

Stif cycles have old style impacts in from 6 to 12

I need 13’s hence my problem.

What about the Giro jackets

They don’t seem to make them in full grown adult sizes either.

Northwind

Sombrio? Really liking my 2 pairs, not as sticky as Five Ten soles but still more than grippy enough.

sicklilpuppy
    Free Member

Scotbicycles have some13’s on ebay. Sorry cant post the link but search for impact liw and they’re one of the first items.

tymbian
    Free Member

5 10 hi’s here. Fantastic shoe.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Wouldn’t wear anything else for riding, superb shoes.

honourablegeorge

I found the Sam Hill ones unconfotab le and bulky.

Moved to Teva Links, find them miles more confortable. Cheap at Evans too with current voucher codes.

johnhe

I’ve got Sam Hills (Impacts) and Freeriders. The Freeriders feel just as good as the Sam Hills on the bike and look less outlandish. I love them and would buy another pair tomorrow. A biking buddy of mine bought a second pair of Freeriders and wears them as his casual shoes.

thorpie
    Free Member

What honourablegeorge said, bought some Sam Hills, took them back and got some Teva Links. The five tens just looked huge on my feet and skinny legs. The Teva’s look much better and are comfortable, love the funky colours as well.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘five ten comparisons’ is closed to new replies.