Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Five ten aescents – walking and biking shoes
  • richardkennerley

Anyone tried them? Want some shoes that can do both biking and walking reasonably well. I know where I am with five tens, I find them pretty good quality, but free riders aren’t comfy for walking any distance. I assume the aescents have a bit more support?

jam-bo

I’m currently using a pair. Pretty trainer like, fine on the bike if you don’t mind not having the hefty toe and heel protection the riding styles give you. Much lighter too but they aren’t your traditional approach shoe.

fergal
    Free Member

I would say they are not really biking or walking shoes, but great for general every day wear, they are not waterproof or particularily durable, with soft uppers and little support, more like fancy trainers.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    richardkennerley

When I say “walking” I don’t really mean big hikes or anything, just some gentle bridleway strolls, pram pushing etc’. I don’t want to wear out my everyday trainers doing that.

coconut
    Free Member

I am looking at five ten’s. I was thinking the fat sole is going to be really slippery in mud and peaty ground ? Are they slippery if your carrying your bike in the mountains ?

andysredmini
    Free Member

Have a look at the camp 4. I’m not sold on the looks of the new ones but they are great on and off the bike and look a lot less try hard and special than the bike shoes.

alpin
    Free Member

Bought some Guide Tennie Gortex a few weeks back. Have been on two proper walks and had a pootle along the river on my bike.

I like to have some support and protection around my ankle when out on the bike. Rides usually involve some hike-a-bike above the tree line.

Sole is very grippy both on and off the bike. The sole is a little more aggressive than a fiveten bike shoe, the knobbles are more pronounced.

Happy so far.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Five ten aescents – walking and biking shoes’ is closed to new replies.