Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Fitting yari wiper seals
  • chvck
    Free Member

I changed the wiper seals on my yari last week but trying to get them in square was a bit of a trial due to them having no stop to prevent them from pushing too far into the leg. They feel plush enough and not stiction-y and haven’t blown so seem to be fine though. Is this just how it is or is there some hidden secret to it?

deadkenny
    Free Member

Got the seal installation tool?

chvck
    Free Member

Ah, no I don’t have a rockshox one. Just had a look though, does the sticking out part cover the wiper seal outer and part of the lower? If not I’m not sure how it wouldn’t result in the same issue. I did use a Marz 44 fitting tool, which doesn’t really fit so well.

chvck
    Free Member

OK just had a look at the service manual (I really should have done that first eh). I’ll buy the tool next time, looks like it’s just a judge it by eye job.

steel4real
    Free Member

Don’t get the RockShox one get one like this….Unior seal installtion tool

I’ve got both and the Unior – or one like it, look on ebay you’ll see others – is much better as it guides the seal with the part of the tool that goes in the bushing and better ensures that flangeless seals are mounted square.

Cheaper than the RS one as well !

Big-Bud
    Free Member

I’ll second the unior one.20 plus fork services this year it sure is better than the fox version for above reason.worked even better with flanged seals but still brilliant with new flangeless seals

Scamper
    Free Member

Started off using a bit of waste pipe on RS then found the hope pro2 rear seal tool was an exact fit.

Out of interest OP, do you find your yari seals stick to the uppers when trying to set sag? Mine do, even after a lowers service.

chvck
    Free Member

Thanks all, I think that I’ll get that unior tool then.

Out of interest OP, do you find your yari seals stick to the uppers when trying to set sag? Mine do, even after a lowers service.

I’m pretty sure that they don’t, not that I’ve noticed anyway.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Fitting yari wiper seals’ is closed to new replies.