Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • fitting Wtb tyres…….. ;o(
  • ton

in all my years of, and with all the bikes I have owned, I have never ever struggled so much fitting a set of tyres.
    proper popeye forearms now………….. 😆

wtb trail boss tough onto hope hoops.

Kahurangi

My trail boss tough (650b) goes ok on to my Hope Flows (both the Flow EX and now the flow Mk 3). It only has the one wind of tape around to seal the bead. It’s maybe a touch tighter than the Maxxis, but not silly tight.

Is the tyre new to you, does it go on to any other rims?

honeybadgerx

Yup. I resorted to soaking them in a hot bath to ease up the rubber a little bit on my old mavic wheels.

Bregante

They went on easy enough but if anyone fancies testing their strength they can come and have a go at taking WTB Byways off WTB i25 rims.

kayla1
    Free Member

I bought a Kool Stop tyre jack thinger to get the light/fast Trail Bosses onto my (26″) SS Tactic rims. I hope I don’t need to fit a tube out and about ever…

chakaping
    Free Member

Yep, I was riding Dollywaggon Pike on Saturday and praying I didn’t get a rear flat because I know I couldn’t get the tyre off and on again trailside.

Good job the tough carcass does what it says on the tin.

ton

had to zip tie round the tyre/rim to stop it slipping off. brute force won the day in the end. only 1 snapped tyre lever.

Rubber_Buccaneer

They went on easy enough but if anyone fancies testing their strength they can come and have a go at taking WTB Byways off WTB i25 rims.

Similar, my Vigilantes are a serious test of thumbs to get off my LB rims. Upside is I could probably travel some distance on a flat tyre without unseating the bead (it’s the bead lock that causes my problem)

bigjim

I’ve never had a problem but I use WTB rims too

DezB
    Free Member

You’ve obviously not tried a Schwalbe Tubeless Easy road/gravel tyre. Who said the Germans don’t have a sense of humour.

beanum

I’ve broken two plastic tyre levers trying to get Nano 40c tyres onto my Mavic rims. I have to use two levers to get then off the rim…
    I’m also dreading a trailside puncture…

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Sounds like you have never tried fitting Marathon Plus tyres! 😆

sweaman2
    Free Member

I’m glad it’s not just me… I couldn’t get Sweamrs WTB vigilantes off her Nobl rims and ended up cutting the bead using some wire cutters. No point carrying a tube as no way to do put in it in a sensible amount of time…

ton

Sounds like you have never tried fitting Marathon Plus tyres!

been using marathon plus for well over 10 years, i can do em without even using tyre levers.
    these wtb things took well over a hour to install, with a huge effort.

burko73

I gave up trying to get some nano TVs onto some cotic rims. Ended up buying some lovemud rims and even then it was hard work getting them on. Used to not worrying about tyre levers as hands would be fine generally for mtb tyres. Same going tubeless with my wtb/ scraper combo in my longitude. Needed levers and swearing to get them on.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘fitting Wtb tyres…….. ;o(’ is closed to new replies.