Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • fitting shorter travel forks
  • sausagefingers
    Free Member

merry christmas morning folks :-). i have a pair of garbage marzocchi forks on my explosif with 120mm travel but they’re going to have to go.i’ve been looking at a pair of second hand sids but they are 80- 100mm,if i run them at 100mm will the 20mm difference be noticeable to the point of making it un rideable?i prefer the arse up head down approach when i’m riding so hopefully they won’t make too much difference 😀
    cheers

mrmo
    Free Member

the 20mm should speed up the handling a little, assuming the headangle wasn’t stupid steep at 120, which i very much doubt the bike will be fine, and being as there seems to have been a trend of turning nice handling bikes into slack angled barges it should improve the ride.

mboy
    Free Member

What year Explosif?

I thought they were designed around a 100mm fork anyway, in which case that would be ideal and the 120’s you’ve been running will have slackened it a touch.

sausagefingers
    Free Member

thanks for the replies,
    i’m having a punt on them as the marzocchi are the pits
    thanks again,much appreciated
    mick

Hairychested
    Free Member

Can you email me some info and pics of the bombers please? Email in profile. Thanks!

sausagefingers
    Free Member

i will try and sort some out for you,bike’s at home so it might not be until tomorrow
    cheers

Hairychested
    Free Member

Look, no worries about the time scale. I left London to forget what stressing about time was. Whenever will do me nicely.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘fitting shorter travel forks’ is closed to new replies.