• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Fitting Rotor Rex cranks to a Hope BB
  • dyna-ti

Hoping someone can help, or at least confirm or deny.

Got new cranks -Rotor rex 3.2
    Got new BB -Hope BB(luscious purple)
    Frame shell is 68mm

Hope BB comes with 3×2.5mm spacers(im assuming theyre 2.5mm)
    Rotor crank comes with 2x spacers -1x 6.5mm, 1x4mm

All the fitting instruction for rotor say i fit the 6.5mm to the non drive side and the 4mm to the drive side.
    Hope have a chart which states for 68mm shell, hat 2x 2.5mm spacers drive and 1x non drive.

All fitted the drive side crank arm clears the stay by about 15mm, and the non drive by about 2mm.
    So something is wrong there and the suggestion is some spacers shouldnt be fitted.
    Frame is a hardtail Ti, so 2mm non drive arm will no doubt for sure strike the stay.

So the cranks as a whole need to be shifted over to balance them out. Or so i think.

Can anyone offer either a solution, or confirmation that the spacers are something not set in stone.

Prior to this i had a sram X9 one their BB-GPX ,hollowtech is it called 😕 I have to admit to being clueless as to all the names these days.
    I didnt fit it, W.Bain did(I add as a favour, Willy is blameless here, this is all me 😆 ). And that had a single spacer between the frame and BB cups and nothing else.

Its almost like i need to lose one drive side spacer. but then too much axle will be showing.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Throws up arms in disgust 👿

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Fitting Rotor Rex cranks to a Hope BB’ is closed to new replies.