Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Fitting Racing Ralph evo skin DTswiss 4.2d problem?
  • Janesy
    Free Member

I have a huge problem, I have a set of Hope Pro 3 wheels with DT Swiss 4.2d rims. In my mind these are ‘race’ trail wheelset. However it literally look me 1 hour to to get the tyres on and nearly snapping my parktool lever set. WTF!!!?

Why so tight?

Didnt realise you vcould get a wrong combonation of tyres and wheels?

steve_b77
    Free Member

Racing Ralphs are pretty tight on the first fit, but loosen up and become easier.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

fairy liquid needed

akira

You should try fitting tyres onto some Spank rims, would be easier to saw through the rim and reweld it under the tyre.

Janesy
    Free Member

This is the second time in removing and putting on this wheel set. I had to use tyre levers to get the first side of the tyre on.

I’ve gone through many tyres before and never come across this. What happens when I’m racing on my race tyres and get a puncture? Walk back and give up?

Janesy
    Free Member

akira – Yep, thought of that one!

Well, glad I’m not the only one then. Will have to race with some marigolds and fairy up liquid next time.

wwaswas

I’ve had trouble with some tyres on 4.2D rims.

I carry a DH tyre lever in my camelback in case the sealant fails and I need to fit a tube…

dirtyrider
    Free Member

jra did a fit guide for some rims and maxxis tyres, i know it doesn’t include DT/Schwalbe but it shows some tyres are rim combo dont work

http://www.justridingalong.com/news/page/2/

steve_b77
    Free Member

Go tubeless, is the answer if you’re that bothered.

To eb fair, although I’ve probably just cursed myself now, I’ve only had one pinch flat on a RR – and that was my own fault – in a whole summer of riding everything from local woods to Jacobs ladder & Welsh Epics

njee20
    Free Member

If you go around the tyre, passing it hand over hand, gathering the slack in the bead it’s a lot easier than just trying to wrestle it on. I find very few tyres, road or MTB that can’t be done by hand with the right technique (and have never had problems with that similar Schwalbe/DT combos).

Janesy
    Free Member

Njee20 – Thats the way it should be done. I’ve put many tyres on this way, be it in the garage or muddy wet hands. but last night was taking the P**s.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Fitting Racing Ralph evo skin DTswiss 4.2d problem?’ is closed to new replies.