Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Fitting my bikes in my bongo? or van?
  • lewie
    Free Member

hey all, iv just gt a mazda bongo, just want something that holds my bikes upright and secure in the back. seats r out. wondering if anyone has made anything that works well and wants to share some ideas. im a fabricator so making something isnt a problem its coming up with an idea that will work that im struggling with

cheers lew

alfabus
    Free Member

If you come up with something that holds full bikes, I’ll be interested to see it….

I’ve got a VW T5 Kombi, and I’ve found that there are loads of solutions for holding bikes with the front wheel off, but nothing for holding them fully assembled.

At the moment, I just bungee them to the side of the van, and separate bikes with dust sheets/curtains.

Dave

druidh
    Free Member

A wooden board, cut with slots for wheels to sit in and at a 45 degreee angle?
    (like this but multiples)

One of those wonderful bike racks made of plastic plumbing?
    (Like this but narrower)

weeksy

that’s clever that druid 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

Not mine – but I’m tempted to try one.

alfabus
    Free Member

Could make one of those plastic racks from 21.5mm overflow pipe, solvent welded together.

http://www.screwfix.com/c/heating-plumbing/white-overflow/cat831706

food for thought 🙂

Dave

jamesco

Simplest , if it fits , is a bar across to hang saddles over with a bit of bungee for stability.

Duffman
    Free Member

If I have a lot of bikes and no people I use bike bags and bungees inside the Bongo.

If I have lots of people and bikes it is a Thule bike rack.

Pictures and words here

Bongo Duffbus

coatesy
    Free Member

No pics, but i’ve got medium gauge square steel tubing forming a H pattern on the floor, with an upright on each side. A small section of tube then bolts on at seatpost height, with a toestrap through it, and round the post. Front wheels sit at a slight angle against the bulkhead, and a bungee from the bars to the post hold it all steady.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Fitting my bikes in my bongo? or van?’ is closed to new replies.