Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Fitting extra brake levers – cyclocross
  • gtkid
    Free Member

How do you wire in the extra brake levers (fitted on the flat top of the handlebar) to the canti brakes on a cross bike? Would like them in addition to the drop levers.
    Cheers.

meehaja
    Free Member

If you google “in line brake levers” there’s loads of advice… Its simple enough, but a bit fiddly…

crazy-legs

It’s a bit fiddly to get it right but basically you run the inner wire right through and spilt the outer on each side of the lever. Works well.

PePPeR

and in case its not too obvious, the additional brake levers operate on the cable outer.

midlifecrashes

I’m not going out to check which make now, but the ones I have have barrel adjusters on, which is handy if you get a wheel out of true on a ride, or if you like to get the cantis bang on the right adjustment.

CountZero

I’ve got those with TT200 bar-end levers on a pair of Profile Aero bullhorn bars on my SS’d Kona Sutra. They work really well with Avid Discs, giving me two comfy ride positions while still being able to brake easily. My LBS set mine up, and they are a fiddle to get spot-on, apparently, but mine are perfect.

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

I ued to run my Tektro ones with Avid BB7 discs they were very handy to have. The outer cable passes through them and goes into your Intergrated brake levers. The inner wire passes through the lot. As aid the barrel adjuster is also very handy to take slack in the cable up on cantis or disc brakes. I can remember looking at them and thinking how the heck do they work! Once I had a set in my hand it was easy as you like. Check the parktools website it had full instructions on how to fix and set them up.

colnagokid

always seem to work abit better than the sti’s- must pull(or push realy) a bit more cable

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Fitting extra brake levers – cyclocross’ is closed to new replies.