Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Fitting Bluetooth kits to cars ..
  • millzy
    Free Member

Anyone ever done it themselves? Or dies anyone know the best place and price for getting it done?

Currently have a 2010 Ibiza, and need to get one sorted!

Cheers, Rob

millzy
    Free Member

In particular… The parrot systems!

johndoh
    Free Member

My brother did his own – simple as chips.

Or something like that.

(This was on a pretty new Volvo)

Steelsreal

did one on an Altea, not too bad, if you get the right harness for Auto leads, and a set of plastic trim removal tools it makes the job much easier.

An afternoons work, top tips would be check the forums for Seat to find where the clips etc are, if you have to remove the glove box, don’t unplug the airbag unles syou have the battery disconnected,
    other than that pretty straightforwa

saleem
    Free Member

Did one in my mini, took an hour, you’ll just need to buy an after market kit to hook it it to the parrot kit, they’re about an extra fiver.

sharkbait
    Free Member

My nephew bought a kit from halfrauds and got them to fit it to his 60 plate golf. Needless to say they screwed up and the car started showing all sorts of warning lights including airbag.
    Car had to go to vw for two days to fix the mess!

DickBarton

Providing you can get the radio out it is about a 15 minute job – but depends on how you want it set up – I had mine set so it was sitting on the central console so no need to route the wiring behind the dash and up the pillar, etc.

I also found that the cabling had to be put in the opposite plugs (+ to -) so that the system would work with the keys in the ignition but without the radio being turned on.

Worked very well, but I’d suggest taking an hour to get it fitted tidily.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Lad at work just had a grom unit fitted. Bluetooth calling and also Bluetooth music playback from your iPod/iPhone/android. Works a treat

john_drummer
    Free Member

I’ve got a visor mounted clip-on bluetooth device. £40, clips onto visor, jobs a good un. Can move it from car to car too.

millzy
    Free Member

Ok great, will give it a go…

Look out for a “I’ve broken my car fitting a Bluetooth kit” post on a few days!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Fitting Bluetooth kits to cars ..’ is closed to new replies.