• This topic has 10 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by fab.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Fitting a tapered fork in my inbred 29er
  • fab
    Free Member

In a bit of trouble here, I’ve recently bought a new inbred 29er frame, the idea was to dismantle the old 26″ frame, get new forks and wheels and off we go.
    The trouble is getting a decent 29er fork that isn’t tapered is near on impossible.
    I’ve searched the web for fitting a tapered fork into a straight 1″1/8 steerer tube and it’s just to complicated for me Doh! some say you can, some say you can’t, I’m just a plug and play man who wants to try a 29er out!
    Can anyone tell me if it’s possible and if so what type of headset cup I have to buy.
    Cheers
    Fab

fab
    Free Member

Cheers but would like more travel and use 15mm axle

dmorts

See this thread [quote]44mm (Internal / zero stack) can be adapted, standard 34mm cannot. Inbred is standard 34mm[/quote]

Also the Inbred is designed for 100mm forks max

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

White Brothers Loop. Fitted one today. Your LBS can get you one.
    120-140mm internally adjustable travel, straight steerer, 15mm axle.

fab
    Free Member

Spot on, just what I needed to know, cheers

rp16v
    Free Member

Rockshox still offer straight steerer as an option but have to be orderd through a dealer as crc will mostly stock what they can sell easy eg taperd

notsospeedydaz
    Free Member

The rebas can be adjusted with new air shaft. I run my inbred with 80mm rebas with the airshaft changed to give 115mm travel and 9mm bolt through to replace the qr

drovercycles
    Free Member

As PeterPoddy says, plenty of options out there. Don’t expect bargain basement though as they’re unlikely to be stock items. Speak to a decent shop and they’ll be able to sort you out something from a range of brands.

mboy
    Free Member

Also the Inbred is designed for 100mm forks max

Was going to suggest the White Brothers Loop as per poddy’s suggestion, but really I’ve got to say stick with the 100mm travel max on the inbred I’m afraid. Putting a much longer fork on it than designed for can really mess up the handling and invalidate any warranty. On some frames it’s absolutely fine fitting a fork longer than recommended, having owned one I’d suggest the 29er inbred isn’t one of them.

fab
    Free Member

Wise words from wise men, many thanks 🙄

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Fitting a tapered fork in my inbred 29er’ is closed to new replies.