Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Fitting a smaller RockShox Monarch Plus RC3 to Specialized
  • bikebastard
    Free Member

I plan to swap a Monarch RC with a RockShox Monarch Plus RC3 however I have a problem:

The RC3 is 195x51mm

it needs to replace the original RC which is 197x48mm

Extra 3mm travel isn’t an issue I find these shocks never reach the limit of stroke, but the shorter length …. this will alter the geometry

As this is for fitting to a Stumpjumper FSR Expert Carbon 650b, I may be able to introduce a machined 2mm packer of sorts between the shock and the wishbone link.

Has anyone experience of this?

Beagleboy

Hope you have better luck than me!

The Monarch Debonair RC3 on my new bike failed a few weeks ago (packed down, but without any air loss) and my LBS has just been told by Rockshox that it can’t be repaired and they don’t have any replacements in stock. 🙁

If it doesn’t fit, can I borrow it? I want my shiny new bike back! 🙁

Beagy

bikebastard
    Free Member

Hi Beagy,

I had heard some were a little dodgy – mine has been fine so far and good enough to want to transfer it to a new bike.

If I don’t use it you can buy it from me 🙂

Rich

BoardinBob

Shock size is just one issue. You do realise the spesh shocks also have a proprietary mount on the damper body? A normal off the shelf shock won’t fit regardless of size

You need one of these in addition to a new shock

http://bikeyoke.mysimplestore.com/t/specialized-stumpjumper-fsr

bikebastard
    Free Member

Thanks Bob & Blake for the information however, the bike the RC3 is currently on IS a specialized and has the same “keyed” fit to go into the receiving Specialized bike wishbone link….. spacing the shock 2mm is still leaving me 11 out of 13mm engagement so I will give it a try.

One thing I should check is the tuning of the Shock – currently MM..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Fitting a smaller RockShox Monarch Plus RC3 to Specialized’ is closed to new replies.