Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Fitting a satellite dish
  • nigew
    Free Member

With analogue TV going to be turned off in my area v soon and digital aerials dont recieve either ive got to have a satellite dish fitted, im going to do it myself with this kit and use this to find the satellite!
    Is it that easy?
    Has anybody else done it themselves?

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Yep – I did it as I didnt want the dish on the house so needed an unusual install. I guess I could have paid someone for it but I like the challenge.

If you’re ok at diy you should be fine. Routing the cable was the hardest bit for me. I’m borderline zone 2 / 3 so went for the larger size dish. Get some self amalgamating tape too (for the connectors).

I did use a website that uses google sat images to show you what direction to point the dish (for me a neighbours greenhouse). I then used that finder thing (screwfix have them and the kits too). Fiddling / pointing took about 30 mins. When connected to the freesat box some additional tweaking was required but all good.

nigew
    Free Member

Thats the reason for doing it myself, I want the dish on the chimney, out of view!
    Im fine with diy and think ive found a nice route for the cable, it was more the aligning of the dish I thought might be difficult!

Right im going to give it a go!!!

thanks

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Here’s the aligning site I mentioned (there may be others):

http://fr.dishpointer.com/test/supermap.htm?satellite=0282&address=Buckingham+Palace,+UK

nigew
    Free Member

Ill have a look at that site, cheers
    Ive also found a link on a caravan/ camping site for setting up a mobile dish.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Fitting a satellite dish’ is closed to new replies.