Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • fitting a reverb to a stumpjumper evo..
  • trusty

…or, is a reverb hose bigger than the cable off a command post. I’m struggling to fit the hose from my new reverb through the port on the top tube on my spesh the command post used. Anyone know if it’ll fit or am I just being a wuss?

Ta all

rene59
    Free Member

Reverb hose is bigger diameter (hydraulic vs cable) and won’t fit without modification.

trusty

Cheers, I thought so but wanted to check. I’m guessing by modification you mean enlarging the hole in the frame?

rene59
    Free Member

Yes, by enlarging the hole. Yet to do it myself but it is on my list.

trusty

Let me know how it goes! I’ve attached the hose with zip ties but it’s not the prettiest 😕

munrobiker
    Free Member

Silly, isn’t it? Mine is fitted using one of those washers shimano give with their rotors that have two holes like this-

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/shimano-deore-xt-br-m755-rotor-bolts-and-plate-818-9803-prod30047/

I paint it black, put one of the rotor bolts through one end which I then screw into the internal routing hole for the command post. This self taps but I don’t do it up mad tight, just so the bolt head is flush. Then I attach the hose to the other end of the washer with a zip tie, thread it between the shock mount then through the guide hole on the seat clamp.

The washer I point to the left as it fits flush with the undsersode of the top tube. Its then quite hard to notice, I have only had one person comment on it and it is neater than many zip ties.

You may be able to find a neater attachment than the washer using a bolt threading into the same hole but I swapped the reverb from another bike and the hose was too short so mine had to go from the bar to the left side of the headtube.

J273
    Free Member

I didn’t fancy modding the frame incase I had any warranty issues and it got picked up and voided the warranty. Highly unlikely but you never know.

What I did was cut the plastic outer half a meter from the remote end , fed it through the frame and then got some heat shrink and re covered the hose.

That was about 8 months ago and has been fine.

Murray

Did it on my Camber – enlarged the hole by 0.5mm using a cordless drill running slowly. Obviously, it killed me to death but apart from that all’s good.

andysmiff1
    Free Member

^^
    This – did the same on my camber – no problems at all.

trusty

.5 of a mm? How hard would it have been to make it bigger to start with…? I’ll probably give it a go once the spare barb arrives I ordered, guaranteed I’ll break the existing one if I don’t have a spare

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘fitting a reverb to a stumpjumper evo..’ is closed to new replies.