Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • fitting a new bath tap problems.
  • shreck
    Free Member

took off the pld bath tap was a pain really old tap,got the new one ready and the thread bit on the new tap is not long enough to fix to the copper pipe with the nut,is there any way of exteb ding the copper pipe or is it time to get a plumber in?

mandog

Go to the plumbers merchant tell the problem. They will sell you some flexible extenders.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

If you do get a plumber in, he’s more than likely going to bang a couple of flexi hoses on.

shreck
    Free Member

cheers fellas saved me some cash there.

shreck
    Free Member

so how do i fit a flexi hose is it quite straight forward?

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Get ones that are push fit, pipe cutter and some wire wool. Dead easy (and mine are not leaking 🙂 )

mandog

should just screw on or if not you may have to cut the fitting off the pipe end for a push fit connection.

Take a photo and show the plumbers merchant and he’ll give you best solution.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I personnaly wouldn’t use push fit unless I had to. Been to plenty of water leaks caused by them

footstomper
    Free Member

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/32780/Plumbing/Push-Fit-Fittings/JG-Speedfit-Flexible-Tap-Connector-White-15mm-x-x-500mm-Pack-of-2

Copy and paste above onto your address bar. This is ideal for what you want, I have used loads of these and have not had any problems 😀

shreck
    Free Member

Thanks for all the info,got them fitted last night,no leaks so far.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘fitting a new bath tap problems.’ is closed to new replies.