Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Fitting a headset
  • robertgray05
    Free Member

OK, so I've got a brand new frame (Chameleon) and brand new headset (Deus)… but no headset press.

Do I fit myself with wood and a hammer (shitting myself that I'll bugger it up) or do I take it to a shop?

Opinions please!

B

pypdjl
    Free Member

Hammertime!

acorlett

Agree – go for the hammer. If you go carefully, you can't really b*gger it up too much… Plus you get to feel smug and save money. Win-win.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Go to the hardware shop get 4 big washers a threaded rod and 2 nuts to fit the rod add two spanners and there is a headset press. Probably cost you 3 quid.

Or take your time with wood and a hammer.

grumm
    Free Member

I got a cyclus headset press with a voucher from wiggle – made it very easy and quite a nice tool to use.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Whereabouts in the country are you? Might be someone not far away who'll do it for you/lend you a press for it

tails
    Free Member

you can buy a press now for £30, or hammer and wood works okay just watch what your doing, or if you have a vice works a treat.

ton

what joolsburger said.
    i have fit loads and loads like that.

soops
    Free Member

In Stafford if you want to borrow mine?

robertgray05
    Free Member

Near Glasgow actually but cheers for the offer 🙂

That Cyclus press looks good actually; its the hassle of going in to a shop I'm trying to avoid. I reckon tools like that will last forever and I will have mates queueing up to borrow it even if I don't use it often myself.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Fitting a headset’ is closed to new replies.