Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Fitting a conectamajig hose to a Reverb
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

Is it possible to fit the conectamajig hose to a normal reverb stealth to make fitting and removal easier?

steve_b77
    Free Member

I know that bit, but is it a simple dis the old one & fit the new one then bleed?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wrecker
    Free Member

Yep. The only “watch it” is make sure you have seat tube clearance in your frame as the connectamajigs are quite a bit longer than the normal ones.
    I have had to remove them on bikes with pivots etc in the way and fit normal fittings.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Yes but I personally wouldn’t bother. The connectamajig instructions say you only get away with two or three disconnections without a bleed and bleeding is so easy anyway.

Rubber_Buccaneer

And like wrecker says you will need about an inch of spare seat tube. It’s why I’ve had to remove one

otsdr
    Free Member

Do they still give out the red bit that helps you install the hose and stops fluid from leaking out?

lyrikal
    Free Member

Sorry to hijack the thread but is the reversal of this as simple as removing the connectamagig and connecting a new hose and barb, then bleed? Sold my reverb to a mate and he needs to do this to clear the pivot on his frame.

wrecker
    Free Member

Yep. Cut the cable, attach it all up and you’re off.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Otsdr- they do

jam-bo

Or just get a dehy kit and never worry about bleeding again.

singlespeedstu

You getting on OK with the Dehy jam bo?

jam-bo

yep. had a bit of to&fro-ing with stefan@dehy as the tolerances on my post weren’t to spec, which meant with the dehy fitted the poppet valve was never closing properly. a 1mm washer sorted it out and he is supplying all new remotes with suitable washers.

since then it’s been perfect and in fact the regular sag that I’d had to previously sort on my reverb seems to have stop re-occuring. detaching at the post end is simply unhooking a cable. the remote lever is really well made and with the ispecB fitting fits perfectly with my XT brakes.

its not cheap, but its not that much more than a replacement reverb remote.

Hopefully SRAM are taking notice as its the remote they should have made and supplied with the reverb.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Rightyho, are the normal hoses the same connection for stealth and non stealth?

singlespeedstu

Cheers jam bo.
    Think i’ll get one on order.

jaylittle
    Free Member

I belive the hoses are different. I removed my connectamajig as I wanted to get up and running but no local stores had the hose in stock.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Fitting a conectamajig hose to a Reverb’ is closed to new replies.