Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Fitting a banjo connection to Avid juicy lever
  • BrickMan

Bit of an odd request, I play bike polo and just sorting out some freshly re-pistoned juicy’s. Its pretty much a contact sport on bikes though and the hose exits the lever well away from the bar giving the possibility of being snagged, my old hopes used to have banjo fittings allowing the hose to exit at 90 degrees to the bar.

Anyone any idea what the spec’s are for the lever thread, or if there is a standard part that replaces the straight exit?

Its a 2007 juicy five lever

BrickMan

Current hose exits like this

BrickMan

A whole internet full of bike people and nobody knows or has previously fitted a banjo connection to an avid lever…. 😉

endurogangster
    Free Member

Look at the juicy hose kit, that should show/tell you what the spec for the fitting is, maybe if you can get a pair of these

http://www.bikeparts.com/search_results.asp?ID=BPC130663

From the elixir calipers you could get them to fit directly or via one of the lever inserts?

takisawa2

We used to have a Pirtek man come in, for on the spot hydraulic hose repairs, he had a van full of odd fittings & could cobble most things together but admitted defeat when faced with something simmillar when I was trying to extend the hose on a juicy on the cheap.
    I’ll bet the thread is some daft US spec.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Fitting a banjo connection to Avid juicy lever’ is closed to new replies.