Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Fitting a 1+ car seat problems! HELP!
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

So I thought this would be an easy job and have even read the instructions several times and watched the instructional video on the Kiddicare site but I am perplexed.

The seats in question are belted Maxi-Cosi Axiss seats for fitting in a 2007 Mazda 3. The Maxi Cosi site says the seats are compatible but I am struggling to fit them in a manner that appears to be correct. I have two questions – the first is hopefully simple – the base has a belt tensioner – does this need to be ratcheted right up so all the spare part of the belt is wrapped in the tensioner, or just so it is holding the base firmly and the internal mechanism of the centrifugal belt would hold the seat in place in the event of an accident?

The next might be more difficult – the 'female' part of the belt (ie the bit that takes the belt clip) seems to high up on the side of the seat base and it is twisting the belt. Is there any way of adjusting this? It appears not to be adjustable at all – just a small length of belt and the clip at the end.

I would ask the retailer to fit them, but we got them from Kiddicare so this isn't possible. I will be ringing them in the morning to ask, but ap hoping someone here may have experience of similar fitting issues and can answer my queries.

Ta

🙂

wrightyson
    Free Member

Kiddicare? Is that Internet based? Thought there was some rule about being shown how to fit a car seat properly on purchase. Remember toys r us spouting some shyte about it a few years back when the one we'd bought wouldn't fit in the pug!! Gladly gave us a full refund because they hadn't tried it out for us, however they then informed us they would lose out because seat was now considered used and they were not allowed to re sell. Mmm I'm sure that happened??!!

geoffj

Flippin 'eck. I just googled the instructions, and it looks pretty complicated.

Good luck with it (them) though 😆

oddjob
    Free Member

I'm not 100% sure that I understand the problem, but it looks like ours that I have in a Mazda 6 (and have used in lots of other cars).
    Make sure that the seat is in the 100% upright position then open it so it tilts forward.
    Put the belt accross making sure that the lap part is going to be under the belt tensioner. That means that there should be nothing under the lap belt betweek the red guiding slots for the belt. Then clap the top of the belt at the side and closethe seat back down. There is a spring loaded part that pushes down on the lap part of the belt that takes out the slack so it should be nice and firm when you're done.

Hope that helps

woody2000

It's not the same oddjob – I think I've got one like yours & it's a pice of piss like you say. Mike's looks like you need an engineering degree to work it out! 🙂

Sorry, not much help that is it!

geoffj

I've got the same as woody & oddjob – far far easier 😆

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Well they are back in the easy-peasy Isofix ones for the time being – I tried again this morning and they still weren't having it (and we were going to the seaside for the day so I had little time). Guess I shall be on the phone to Kiddicare and hope we get it sorted – otherwise we have two brand new but useless seats!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Well we just heard back from Kiddicare – they have tried and accept they don't fit. Arse. Fortunately they have offered a refund.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Fitting a 1+ car seat problems! HELP!’ is closed to new replies.