Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Fitted bathroom furniture – pipe run quesiton.
  • tthew

I’m in the early stages of planning a new bathroom. Everything is going in the same position, but SWMBO wants the bog and sink in those built-in units for storages and the lack of having to clean behind the pedestals.

The major potential pain in the arse i envisiage is with the plumbing for the sink and toilet. Does anyone know if the pipes run behind/through the units, or need to be in the wall and emerge at sink and cistern height. At the moment they run straight up from the floor.

Ta.

timba
    Free Member

Offer to clean behind the pedestals yourself and just replace like for like. If you can’t get away with that go IPS

There are variations on the theme ranging from the basin mounted direct to IPS panels to the basin set fully into worktop, and you’ll get less or more storage accordingly

If the rearmost panel is set forward that will accommodate H and C pipes behind and, with enough clearance, the waste too. The problem is that while this will reduce your swear factor, it’ll also reduce usable storage

You’ll still have the basin trap in full view which is fine if you need to access it for a blockage but it further reduces the interior space if the basin is mounted into worktop

gears_suck
    Free Member

BTW cabinets will normally allow for wastes to enter from floor or wall.
    Position is critical though and this is why a bathroom switch is never a simple one out, one in process.

tthew

Thanks gents. Had to look up the IPS system, that looks neat. I’m expecting to have to move the position of the plumbing a little, and I’m going to have the floor up anyway so minor repositioning won’t be a problem. Just don’t want to have to get into the walls beyond skimming and tiling, but it sounds like I’ll be OK.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Fitted bathroom furniture – pipe run quesiton.’ is closed to new replies.