Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Fitness Test
  • soobalias
    Free Member

The Rockport Fitness Walking Test is a way of estimating VO2Max.

Can anyone tell me why you have to walk a mile and not run it?

wwaswas

because it's a walking not a running test?

finbar
    Free Member

There are ways of doing it from running speed. There's a website somewhere where you can input race times and distance and it'll estimate V02 max for you. Wouldn't imagine any of them are really accurate enough to bother with though.

toys19
    Free Member

I wonder if the walking thing is a way of measuring fitness without the risk of inducing heart attack. Ever done a bleep test? Pain…

cynic-al
    Free Member

I am guessing that any "estimate" is just that at best – otherwise they'd not have to hook you up to a breath analyser and have you make quite a lot of effort to measure it.

You could give it a go on your way to the pub though Steve, and let us know?

soobalias
    Free Member

i realise its only useable as a comparison tool, just wondered where the boundary between walking and jogging and running was and if it really makes a difference to the calculations.

my own VO2 test is to run to the pub and then blow through a straw, as many bubbles as you can into a pint of larger, in one breath. Your VO2 reading is measured by how much liquid remains.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Fitness Test’ is closed to new replies.