Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Fitness Bands – Anyone got one?
  • NJA

You know the things that monitor your activity, sleep, heart rate etc.

My wife is trying to up her activity levels and is looking for something to encourage her, set some goals and keep her motivated. I have been looking online and just ended up confused, so does anyone have any experience of using them in the real world.

Thanks.

thehustler
    Free Member

I ave the samsung galaxy gear fit, only usable along some samsung devices unfortunately, but its a clever bit of kit

NJA

If it is relevant, she has an I phone and I pad, so the app would need to run on apple devices.

jam-bo

rumor is that apple will release one next week.

benji
    Free Member

I’ve got a Polar loop that is compatible with iPhones and the like. It’s a great bit of kit, plenty robust enough, one big accident and worn it everyday for about six months now, working in a garage, it’s had most chemicals sloshed over it. Activity wise it’s great, monitors sleep with a percentage of restful and restless sleep. I mainly use it to prevent over training. Highest score so far is 507% of recomended daily amount of exercise, so that’s another fun game you can play on it. It’s also compatible with polar blue tooth heart rate monitor belts if you want to add some exercise data.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I would start with a free app (eg endomondo) on the smart phone, this tracks your workouts (speed, distance and breakdowns by distance and time) and keeps a useful history.

gwaelod
    Free Member

The Bangles were a fit band

NJA

She uses Endomondo already for her cycling and spinning classes. She is more interested in quality of sleep, and the level of exercise that she can build into her daily routine. Endomondo really drains the battery on her phone too.

The Bangles were a fit band but the Go-Go’s were fitter.

sboardman

I’ve got a FitBit One and rate it highly. Does steps, floors, sleep etc. Syncs with latest Android and iOS devices without wifi too.

Highest day was 29k steps after stomping round the Louvre in Paris!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Fitness Bands – Anyone got one?’ is closed to new replies.