Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Fit Dog Owners – CaniX Events
  • TooTall
    Free Member

http://cani-cross.co.uk/index.shtml

Cross country running with dogs – Mrs TT ran a 5km event with them yesterday and it was right good fun. 110 runners of all ages and abilities turned up with anything from huskies to poodles, rotties and staffies to run the course. Some people have the dog on a harness to assist and some just run with a lead, but you have to run with a dog or two. They are all over the UK – I can highly recommend it for the fun factor and dog exercise.

surfer
    Free Member

Must be a good standard, James Thie who is a Welsh international and record holder (sub 4 min miler) was only 11th! Maybe his springer slowed him down!!

willard

Must have been a crap spaniel if it did… Maybe one of those King Charles things with short legs.

My Springer would have dragged him over the line if he’d slowed down at any point. Which reminds me, I am _not_ going running with my dog any more.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

I might neter one with my chihauhaua, but then I might spend most the race running in a tight circle while it chases its tail

5thElefant
    Free Member

Sounds like mayhem.

DezB
    Free Member

On-topic too!

TooTall
    Free Member

It was really pretty ordered – all dogs leashed, everyone wanting to be there – really good fun. Trust me – all shapes and sizes entered – and that goes for dogs and runners!

I am very tempted to try the bike side of it with our mutt too!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Fit Dog Owners – CaniX Events’ is closed to new replies.