Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 210 total)
  • Fit Club: the hundred push ups training program
  • Keva
    Free Member

I thought a marine press up was where you bring one leg up off the floor alternately on each down stroke of the press up and move it up towards your body. This increases the amount of total weight on the upper body. What you’ve just described is narrow arm press us. A bit harder than usual press ups because it increases the weight on the triceps and also hits the central part of the pec muscles.

Kev

MTT
    Free Member
    I_did_dab
    Free Member

You could try –
    Wide and narrow press-ups on fists – for martial arts fans.
    Feet on a chair press-ups – harder than normal.
    Handstand press-ups against a wall – for fans of the original version of the mean machine.
    One armed press-ups – for the hell of it.

Keva
    Free Member

I thought you meant putting both hands together in the center, that makes it a bit harder.

Kev

Keva
    Free Member

handstand press ups are good. bit of a blood rush to the head though.

Kev

dobo
    Free Member

just done day 2w3 of the pressups, just about managed it, the extra rest was needed. also on day 2 of the pullups, just about manged that too.
    i felt more tired than monday but managed to keep things smooth and controled.
    looking forward to friday, day 3 looks fairly hard but hoping with the extra rest (2min) i’ll do it. (dont under estimate the power of rest at the end of the set) this gets easier right?

RHSno2
    Free Member

Bah. Try the 200 press-up challenge. 10 mins to do 200.

Got to 181 once. I might resurrect this.

Past 100 its gets VERY hard.

RHSno2
    Free Member

If you start to feel shaky, take a few deep breaths and regain your composure before starting again. Good luck – I know you can do it!!

Doesn’t really sound like consecutive does it. Hmmm.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Right,

Just done my sets for tonight – week 3, day 2. Sets of 14, 19, 14, 14 and 19+

Only managed 17 for the last set which felt VERY hard, can’t lift my arms now. Started at Week 3 column 2 which seems challenge enough – column 1 would be too easy and column 3 impossible for me right now.

rs
    Free Member

ok, better late than never, managed 25 on the initial test so going to week 3, even downloaded the ipod app so we’ll see how it goes.

rs
    Free Member

ok must have given it 20 minutes and curiosity got the better of me, holy shit its quite hard at week 3, managed 12, 17 and 13 fine then managed about 10 😳 then about 12 😳 day off tomorrow 😀

Hairychested
    Free Member

Done week 1 day 2 and am recovering with Carlsberg.

Jamie
    Free Member

I have rejigged my workout plan and going to start this next week, as the one thing i really neglect is my chest. Looking forward to it in a perverse kinda way! So much so i have ordered some of these as they were cheap on amazon:

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

MMM am I the only chick that’s thinking about doing this? I have grown to love press ups now I can do proper manly ones rather that shizzle girlie ones on the knee. I can do 4 sets of 10 … not sure how many I can just do one off, may have a go next week and start for fun!!

Hairychested
    Free Member

We’ve also started 200 sit-ups, lovely!

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

nope munqe-chick, I too am doing them. Join in, it’s fun!

Managed my second set okayish but much harder than monday. (I started on Week One, column 2, though I think I’m kinda in the middle of 2 and 3 so I’m just doing a number between the two columns)

rs
    Free Member

Jamie’s new work out tools 😆

[img]http://tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:BI_jT1kOnfwiMM:http://www.germes-online.com/direct/dbimage/50279947/Electric_Iron.jpg%5B/img%5D

flowmtbguy
    Free Member

Me and Sara started this and the 200 situp thing a while back. We made it through week 2 pretty well, then week three started and we kind of lost interest (i.e. things started getting hard!) – must resurrect it!

Archaic
    Free Member

I started this and am suffering now but was day off today. All I could manange to begin on test day was 20 but then did first day straight after. Doh!

Jamie
    Free Member

rs:

[img]http://tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:BI_jT1kOnfwiMM:http://www.germes-online.com/direct/dbimage/50279947/Electric_Iron.jpg%5B/img%5D

Jamie’s new work out tools

I am all about the multi-tasking :mrgreen:

rs
    Free Member

I am all about the multi-tasking

😆 Jamie’s shirt after multi-tasking the ironing and 100 reps.

soobalias
    Free Member

second session done, shoulda really been yesterday but i had stuff to do.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Week 3, day 3 done.

Sets of 16, 21, 15, 15 and 21.

Last set reduced me to a quivering amoeba, but I managed.

All the muscles in my upper body hurt – even my eyelids.

Keva
    Free Member

stuartie-c… 88 altogether then.

I did 75 press ups tonight, but not like that. I went out for a run and did ’em in 3 sets of twenty along the way then did 15 at the end. I doubt if I could do that many with only a minute or whatever rest in between though.

how many on next weeks sets ?

Kev

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Keva,

next week starts with sets of 18,22,16,16,25+ which is not too much more than tonight’s, but is ramps up very steeply to 23,28,23,23,33+

😯

I felt stronger tonight than on wednesday, but had been out on the bike for 1 1/2 hours beforehand so was well warmed up. Also the rests between sets get longer as the sets get more intense – 60, 90 then 120 seconds which makes a big difference.

Keva
    Free Member

blimey if i’d been out on the bike for 1 1/2 hours I’d be more worn out than warmed up !

97 next then if ive added up properly then a jump to 130 !! ..but longer rests.. I managed 47.5 press ups last time I tried in one go. Always used to do 60 until recently.. wierd. Guess I just do as many as often as i used to.

keep it up.. good luck… most I ever did in one go was 96, that was in 1992. Then I got up to 96 again but that was against a 2 minute clock so I could do a few then rest, do a few, then rest. Id ran out of strength at about 1:45 anyways!

Kev

jimmy

is it too late to start? was about to start at BritMilitary Fitness but this’ll save me money.

theflatboy – Member

I wonder if there’s a market for 100situps.com or 100chinups.com…

My idea! No stealing

7 minute abs!

How about 6 minute abs?

Keva
    Free Member

hehe… Jimmy, I used to do BMF. It’s great fun but pretty intense at times… lots of sprinting, heart in the red line stuff.

Kev

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Just had a look ahead to week 5. Christ on a bike!

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Week 4, day 1 done (almost…)

Sets 18,22, 16, 16 and 25+ with 60 seconds between.

Only got to 24 on the last set and took 90 seconds between sets 4 and 5.

Physically couldn’t do that last one 😯

soobalias
    Free Member

week 3, day 3 done, even managed to push myself to 22 for the final set

not so great that i managed a workout on days 1,4,7

dobo
    Free Member

Week 4 day 1 done 21,25,21,21, then should have done 36 but only managed 28 so failed, rested 10 secs and smashed out another 10 though.
    I will repeat it on wednesday and probably friday before moving on to day 2, its got hard all of a sudden…

I managed to complete wk 2 day1 of my chinups though, well pleased

Jamie
    Free Member

I did week 1 day 1 yesterday and my man boobs hurt today. Reminded me how little resistance work i do…..roll on tomorrow.

jimster
    Free Member

Sit-ups

I’m gonna start off the press-ups this evening.

jimmy

I did week 3 day 1 on Sunday (25+ on initial test). The last set really is the killer. I’ve done similar sets before without a beasting final one. I was aching all over for 2 days so onto ‘day 2’ tonight.

grumm
    Free Member

I’m on week 2 day 2 now. Found the last lot quite hard, but then I am a 16 stone lump. 😛

guitarmanjon
    Free Member

Good luck going from week 5 to 6. The last 2 times I’ve tried this 100 press-ups thing that’s where I got nailed. Must’ve done week 5 2 or 3 times before giving up! I have no will-power (hence the almost empty biscuit packet on my desk).

Jamie
    Free Member

Well i think i am going to be starting the first week again next week. Was hoping to do mon/wed/fri but still ache today so thats that knackered.

takisawa2

When is the first STW press-up meet…?

miketually
    Free Member

My wrist is sorted now, so I’ll be giving this another go. A colleague is on week 2 now, so unless he stops I’ll have to keep going 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 210 total)

The topic ‘Fit Club: the hundred push ups training program’ is closed to new replies.