Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Fiskars X27
  • timbur
    Free Member

Wow, that’s a piece of kit.
    Just casually swung it at a few lumps of nasty wood in my “when I’m cold enough” wood pile. It demolished them. Didn’t get stuck once.
    ‘‘Twas a good choice for a birthday present.
    Cheers STW for recommendations on a different thread.
    Tim

Jamie
    Free Member

Apt username.

timbur
    Free Member

I play with chainsaws as well :0)
    (Safely with tickets and ppe before anyone gets excited)

bearnecessities

I view my inferior Screwfix maul much like my poor swimming technique; the additional effort gets me fitter than those efficient fools 🙂

timbur
    Free Member

A maul is like an American sports car. Loud and lazy. Brute force may win the day (eventually)
    The Fiskars is more like an Audi R8. Effecrive if not overly desirable compared to other sporty offerings. It’s not pretty, it’s not wooden, it’s not expensive (compared to Swedish offerings) but damn it works.

kormoran
    Free Member

Ha ha, I just bought one too, on the basis of recommendations on here. It is truly awesome!

I had exactly the same pile of bomb proof logs that were waiting for a fit of pique to arrive. Fiskars took them apart like wet cake, a complete game changer. In fact I had to source another stump for my splitting block when a practice swing cleaved my old stump apart 😯

I was a bit worried that not being able to try one I might not like the swing, but it is actually pretty sweet.

kilo

I think that’s sorted what I’m asking for Christmas!

diz

Fantastic piece of kit, also got an x-21 for Mrs Diz to help with the splitting.

teasel
    Free Member

It’s awesome. Used it yesterday for a quick splitting session – it’s not quite the workout it once was with that bleedin’ hefty Mustang…

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Mine is under my bed. For all sorts of reasons.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Quite fond of mine, though it doesn’t exactly do the chopping for you! I still had to scrap a few chunks of knotted pine.

teasel
    Free Member

Mine is under my bed. For all sorts of reasons.

🙂

My partner almost encouraged me to swing it a few times in order to take apart a pallet claiming it’d do it no time. Whilst I concurred, I resisted due to the anal side of me wanting exactly the right length of kindling and continued in the usual fashion with a lump mallet and crow bar.

Would make a good anti-zombie device. Anti-anything, I suppose…

burko73

I held off getting one for ages as I liked a wooden handled light splitting maul such as the bahco one I’ve recommended on here before. Used them a lot prior to mechanising our log business.

Got a fiskars for the woodpile at home and it is amazing. Great Audi R8 analogy.

neilnevill
    Free Member

8lb stihl pro cleaving maul, x27 an x17 here. x27 is the go to for 70%, the knotty and gnarly stuff that defeats the x27 gets the big boy – the stihl maul, the really easy stuff gets the x17.
    x27 is a superb tool.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Fiskars X27’ is closed to new replies.