Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Fisik shoe sizes compared to Shimano
  • maxlite
    Free Member

Normally buy Shimano, but looking at some Fisik R3 shoes…..any idea if they come up smaller or larger?

TiRed

My 44 R1’s came up at least half a size larger – so Teen1 now wears them and I’m after Sidi narrow instead.

finbar
    Free Member

Yep, fully agree with the above.

ollie51
    Free Member

Narrow and very high arch. If shimano are a good fit for you, the older fizik ones (i.e. the ones that are super cheap on the net) probably won’t be a good fit.

maxlite
    Free Member

Found this on Velonews re sizing:

I should also note that I wore EU 42.5 R3’s, though I usually wear 43.5 (44 on tight fitting shoes). In fact the pair I tested originally came in for Nick Legan, but they were far too large for him. They seem to run somewhere between a half and full size large.

Plus re the arch:
    As a quick band-aid, I tried some ultra-thin insoles out of another pair of shoes. This lowered the arch a bit and opened up the middle of the shoe. Problem solved.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve also tried some R3’s on, I take a 43 but had to try a 42 on and even then they were a bit flappy, didn’t hold my heal well at all, so I didn’t buy them I bought some Giro Factors instead… But I must say I have a very high instep…

OmarLittle
    Free Member

44 on the R3 for me compared to 45 on shimano

Nicely made and good value @ the reduced price of £70 or so. Have only tried them on the rollers and velodrome so far but seem comfortable and good stiff sole.

Superficial
    Free Member

They are a weird shape for sure. I tried on three sizes before settling on (IIRC) 42.5 whereas I’m 44 in Shimano.

I would try them on if you can. Having said that, the high arch feels really horrible for walking in (or I guess it might just be the really stiff sole) but I find them very comfortable on the bike.

maxlite
    Free Member

Update on shoes, ordered 1/2 sized down, fit like a glove.

Beautifully made/packaged….no problem with arch (arch is very similar to what you get on Shimano R191)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Fisik shoe sizes compared to Shimano’ is closed to new replies.