Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Fishing line strung between trees – Wareham Forest (Dorset)
  • Reported today by local club. Haven’t got the exact location yet but plod have been notified. This is FC managed land with loads of tolerated singletrack.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Nice.At neck height?.Crazy people about.An area that big madness.

tom200

I ride there with my 6 year old, some people are f’ing idiots.

eskay

Has happened on the bath-bristol cycle track in the past. Attempted murder in my books.

takisawa2

Christ, that really is the stuff of nightmares.

I happened upon an elderly lady once, in Hopwas Woods, dragging branches out onto the trail. I stood & watched for a few mins (unseen), before politely asking her why but she denied she had done it & wandered off still dragging a branch & her pampered, doggie coat wearing pooch.

That really is horrific though.

cookeaa

Years ago I used to ride in puddle town woods. Never encountered fishing line, did come across a few logs and branches intended to catch MTBs out. Normally these just got turned into another trail feature.

There are some swivel eyed knobs in Dorset TBH…

wiggles
    Free Member

We need to find these people and put neck hight fishing wire accross their doorframes while they sleep and logs accross their drives… and maybe even clingfilm over their toilets.

jekkyl

That’s terrible.
    they must have some terrible grievance against mtbers. Such premeditated motivation, to take the time to go up there taking some fishing line out with you, they possibly went out and bought some specifically for this purpose all the while intending to carry this out. What drives someone to do that?

char34
    Free Member

haigh hall in wigan is the same logs branches , wire at head height , moon hills in wigan aswell found one piece of thick wire tied between 2 trees once right at the end of a 50 foot steep drop that would have been a shocking sight if someone would have rode into that

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

Christ and I thought we had it bad with log man in Colchester I hope who ever did this gets caught as an aside we taught log man a lesson as we kept removing a certain log and a few days later it was back in place again,so saved up some “waste material”and applied to all hand holds on said log needless to say a few days later log had moved but not made it back onto trail job done 😈 👿

mattsccm
    Free Member

Might I suggest kids rather than premeditated planning by loonies.
    equally dangerous of course.

chiefgrooveguru

I rode through baler twine tied across a bridleway in Dorset last summer – snapped it because I was going downhill at a reasonable speed but got quite a rope burn across my arms. Would have been at neck/head level for many children. Worrying…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Fishing line strung between trees – Wareham Forest (Dorset)’ is closed to new replies.