Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • fish recipes
  • thomthumb
    Free Member

I want to cook some fish at the weekend and i need some insperation.

what have you got?

bigG
    Free Member

Fish pie, cannot be beaten if you get the fish mix right.

binners

What type of fish? I love Tandoori Tuna steaks for something a bit different. Make ’em as hot as you like as the raita takes the edge off the chilli

mikewsmith
    Free Member
    yunki
    Free Member

get thyself down to the shore and catch some Mackerel, clean them and then grill or fry whilst they are still abso-spanking-lutely fresh, preferably cook them on a stove on the beach/pier..

bit of bread and salad maybe.. a few beers, sunset

bliss

treaclesponge
    Free Member

Salmon, wrapped in greaseproof paper with chili, some ‘erbs, onion, garlic, oil and seasoning baked for 20 mins, served with new potatos and some steamed veg.

Very little washing up too!

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Steamed fish, seabass if you can. Ginger and spring onuons, thinly sliced. Drizzle with Sesame oil and soya sauce.

theotherjonv

simple is best. Nice thick cod loins, or if you’re flush, monkfish. On a baking tray, season with black pepper, in the oven and roast for 15 mins or so.

With salad or steamed green veg, beautiful That’s one of my 5:2 fast day dinners, cod loin is about a calorie per gram so you get a lot of fish for the calories. Nomnom.

Or: king prawn, scallop and chorizo, either fried up in a pan together or on kebabs.

thecrookofdevon

Sea Bass. A wee bit of salt then simply fry in a tiny amount of oil for about 3 mins skin side then other side.

yunki
    Free Member

sorry to be a pedant but there’s no such thing as Seabass in this country, it’s a (very) urban myth..

We don’t have a freshwater equivalent so there is simply Bass, or no Bass.. (usually no Bass if you are hunting them from the shore with rod and line IME 🙁 )

binners

Yunki – I don’t think he’s specified that it has to be something he’s got to catch himself, locally mate 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

#notturkey by Mike Smith 79, on Flickr
    If you can get some pink snapper

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Curried mackerel is really good (far, far better than it sounds…)

Fry off some onions, garlic and a load of fresh ginger. Add some dried chillis, turmeric and coriander and whatever other curry spices you have to hand. Add a tin of tomatoes and a spoon of sugar, season to taste and simmer down.

Stick some mackerel fillets in an oven dish, pour the sauce over and bake in a hot oven for 20 mins or so. Scatter with fresh coriander, and serve with some steamed rice and some lime wedges

thecrookofdevon

Bass then. Whatever it is called it is easy and tastes great.

yunki
    Free Member

I don’t think he’s specified that it has to be something he’s got to catch himself, locally

pfffffffft…

get a tin of tesco value tuna flakes then, a bit of mayo and a loaf of sliced white.. maybe stick some sweetcorn and black pepper in there if you want to spice it up a bit.. 😀

seriously though, properly fresh Mackerel is a different kettle of fish to bought stuff.. different coloured flesh when you cook it and everything..

thomthumb
    Free Member

Yunki – I don’t think he’s specified that it has to be something he’s got to catch himself, locally mate

I wouldn’t anything out of southampton water. 😯

mikewsmith
    Free Member
    dannybgoode

Kedgeree FTW – lovely…

Cheers

Danny B

johndoh
    Free Member

Pan-fried salmon drizzled in fresh lime & chili served on a mushroom risotto.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

sorry to be a pedant but there’s no such thing as Seabass in this country, it’s a (very) urban myth..

We don’t have a freshwater equivalent so there is simply Bass, or no Bass.. (usually no Bass if you are hunting them from the shore with rod and line IME )

Except that seabass is not actually bass

yunki
    Free Member

what exactly are you eating charliemungus..!?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I’m eating white sea bass.

meehaja
    Free Member

Any fish, baked in the oven with a little lime juice to keep it juicy. Served with Rice and salad and my special sauce. Special sauce is Soy sauce, smoked paprika, fresh chilli and fresh garlic. It rules.

yunki
    Free Member

aaaah… you’re on the pacific coast of the US then Charliemungus..?

Sorry.. I wasn’t aware of that.. 😳

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘fish recipes’ is closed to new replies.