Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Fish & Chip shop, Penrith??
  • ElShalimo

Heading up to Scotland on Friday evening, can anyone recommend a chippy in Penrith that will be open about 8pm?
    Thanks

thestabiliser
    Free Member

c\n’t remember the name but the one in the alleyway between the little square and the new sqaures. Dead good. That doesn’t help does it?

ElShalimo

😯

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Angel lane chippie.

ElShalimo

Cheers

cheekyboy
    Free Member

I went to school with the son of the owner of that Chippy circa 1978

karlsbug
    Free Member

+1 Angel Lane.

binners

Does it have to be chips? Can you not call in at the farm shop at Tebay services before you get to Penrith, and eat your own bodyweight in pies? IF you’ve never actually done this, I’d seriously recommend it!

Actually… unlike every other motorway services, the meals they serve are gorgeous home-made stuff, and reasonably priced. Theres obviously been some terrible mistake!

karlsbug
    Free Member

There is a good pie shop in Penrith as well.

pies

peteimpreza

I would stop at Tebay.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

I wouldn’t. It takes 2 mins to get in to Penrith and then you’re not in a motorway services. Which, as comparatively good as Tebay might be, it still is.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Does it have to be chips? Can you not call in at the farm shop at Tebay services before you get to Penrith, and eat your own bodyweight in pies? IF you’ve never actually done this, I’d seriously recommend it!

Tebay services has plummeted imo, surly staff, quality is nowt special anymore, resting on their Laurels, Greggs bacon butties better value for money, best bet is Cranstons just off J40 at Penrith, the last time I went they had ample plates of free tasters………..Pork and Picalilli pies, homemade bacon and lentil soup………drooling like a bloodhound now

binners

To be fair, Tebay is as far removed from other motorway services as its feasible to get

EDIT: Sorry to hearthat cheekyboy. Thats a damn shame! 😥

ElShalimo

Cranstons just off J40 at Penrith, the last time I went they had ample plates of free tasters………..Pork and Picalilli pies, homemade bacon and lentil soup………drooling like a bloodhound now

Sold !!!
    I’m really, really hungry after reading that

wool

As regular consumer of chips in Penrith you won’t go far wrong with the Angel Lane shop if you want somthing more try The Lounge just round the corner its Cumbrian tapas er well sort of but you get the picture.

stgeorge

Surely a Tea Room would be better 🙂

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRgwbkdoIcY[/video]

matt_outandabout

Angel lane.

It’s not as good as the one the other side of market square used to be. Or maybe that’s just teenage memories of a Penrith boy…

GaVgAs
    Free Member

I have heard very good things about http://www.shapchippy.co.uk and people are driving from Penrith to eat there.. 😯 I prefer Scotts fish and chips on Sandgate if I’m eating in Penrith.

ElShalimo

We went to Angel Lane chippy – it was great
    Thanks

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Fish & Chip shop, Penrith??’ is closed to new replies.