Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Fish and chips in Blackpool – recommendations please.
  • MoreCashThanDash

As we have never been to Blackpool, we are going to see if it’s as bad as people say it is at half term.

So where should we be having our seaside fish and chips?

Cheers

simmy
    Free Member

https://www.facebook.com/taylorsfishandchips

A bit away from the prom etc, but worth nipping in on the way back to the motorway.

Never been to Blackpool ever ?!?!? Don’t go anywhere near Central Drive. Seriously.

Just stay on the front.

bearnecessities

It is as bad as people say. I feel bad for the residents/council/traders – that said, there is money going into it and I hope it brings dividends – the race to the bottom pricing of accommodation needs to be overcome.

The new wetherspoons is an attempt at upping the game and is really quite nice.

Go down to LSA and pop into Seafarer for F&C – not amazing, but not bad.

Seafresh is pretty good in Blackpool if you stay there.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Baron_von_drais
    Free Member

Not quite in Blackpool but only just a quick drive up the coast. Granada Fish Bar in Fleetwood is very good. Can sit in too if you want.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Big Norm, my Dad, says Great Yorkshire fisheries. When it comes to pork pies and fish and chips, heed the Norm.

rockhopper70

Derby Supper Bar, up near the Hilton.
    Ignore the 70s decoration, we always go there pre- ride the lights.

MoreCashThanDash

Baron von drais – excellent call on the Granada at Fleetwood. Great food and service.

Thanks from FamilyMoreCash.

Naranjada
    Free Member

Darnit! I missed making the only recommendation fit for purpose – The Cottage

Or there’s Whelans in Lytham.

Both sit in or take out, both excellent!

Maybe next time.

Baron_von_drais
    Free Member

Glad you enjoyed it.

Might have a trip up there ourselves again soon.

richardkennerley

can’t believe i missed this thread. For those who might still be interested, yorkshire fisheries on topping st. is good, as is whelans, but my recommendation is seniors at normoss, top notch.

BenjiM

We went to The Sea at the weekend opposite central pier. Reasonably priced and it was good. Good service too. Derby Supper Bar as mentioned above is very good too as is The Cottage, although that’s always been heaving when I’ve been. A little further out there’s Great Ecclestone Fish Bar, I remember it being fantastic in the past but I’ve not been for a while.

Also be prepared to encounter some horrific driving as well as pedestrians walking out into the road with out looking. A lot.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I guess he’s there now – but what the hell, if anyone finds themselves in Blackpool, looking for food, or frankly anything – he’s my advice – by all and any means possible – leave, don’t look back, don’t pause except to wipe your feet on the way out.

MoreCashThanDash

Lol – spent most of today in the water park, which was great except it appeared to be an open casting session for Benidorm, Big Fat Gypdey Wedding and Tattoo Fixers…..

Junkyard
    Free Member

It does indeed look like all those things- locals get in for half price hence why it looks like that.

Kids love it though so we go fairly often.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Fish and chips in Blackpool – recommendations please.’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts